1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Connies Components service?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've heard the guy that operates Connie's has a daytime job and only takes care of shipments and orders during the evening when he gets home...

Bucko43

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

This was on the mec site

ALL MEC RELOADERS INCLUDE 1 Charge Bar & 3 Powder Bushings
    12 GA 1-1/8oz
    29, 30, 32

16 GA
    1oz
    23, 25,29

20 GA
    7/8oz
    20, 22, 24

28 GA
    3/4oz
    14, 16, 21

1/2oz
    10, 11, 12

3. Gramps

Gramps Member

I have been trying to contact Connie's for weeks, so far no response. I got the 9000H and the hydraulic unit but the charge bar I ordered wasn't shipped. Plus, it clearly states that shipping is included in the price with the unit but you can't complete the online form without including the shipping. So I've sent 3 emails requesting they ship the charge bar and credit me with the shipping.

4. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Regardless of when he runs the business no excuse not to return calls, The 3 charge bar thing seems to be a connies special.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

vpsr6.... I have done business with Connies Components for many, many years and have had excellent results from them. First, let me explain how Connies operates. Dakin is a one man show. He operates the components business as a service to shooters here in the Pacific Northwest. He has a regular daytime job and does the components business nights and evenings. He is, and always has been, hard to get by telephone. Those of us that deal with Dakin on a regular basis just take this in stride and understand. Second, if Dakin advertised he would throw in extra charge bars as a special, HE WILL. Just a simple email to him explaining the problem will soon get you both an email and the bars. Let me make this as clear as I possibly can... CONNIES COMPONENTS IS A GREAT PLACE TO DO BUSINESS. Does it take a little longer to get a response from him than other places? YES. Does he return your phone calls right away? NO. Does he always follow through on his orders? It has been my experience that he does. Is he a man of his word? ABSOLUTELY!! If those of you out there want to do business with Connies you need to understand how he works. You already know his prices are better than anoyone elses out there, and in order for him to keep them there he needs to do business the best way he can.

Gramps..... If you emailed Dakin, he will get back to you, and he will make it right. He may not do business the way some of us would, but, he does what he says he is going to do...

Another thing that should be noted is the fact that Dakin is very involved with the Evergreen Gun Club and spend a lot of time there volunteering his help. Dakin is a great guy to deal with. I have spent thousands of dollars with them over the years and have NEVER been disappointed. Sometimes the price you pay for lower prices and good deals is patience.... If you sincerely feel you have been burned by Dakin, or if he simply refused to do what he said he would do, I would understand. I, too, have had to email him more than once to get an answer, but I always got one.

I'm not saying you guys do not have a legitimate beef here. What I am saying is that there are more of us that have been treated well by Connies than those who have not. What company out there has not had its share of complaints? Personally, I'll continue to buy from, and support, Connies, every chance I can..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Understand I was in no way telling anyone not to patronize Connie's, just asking if this was normal, it seems that it somewhat and good on him for creating such a company, now I understand. Yes his prices are great and I am sure the issue will be resolved.

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

This is not the first Thread on Connies look them up. There seems to be some loyal fans of Connies, but I can not agree with their experience. My experience with Connies is as long as there isn't a problem all's well. As soon as there is a problem you will wish you never heard of the guy. There is a long history of complaints on this site about his service and customer care. I don't know him, and so I only judge him on his performance, not what he does at a club or if he donates his time to widows and orphans and on that he stinks!!! Bruce

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A little more background: Connies started with the mom and pop when Dakin was quite a bit younger. He helped in the business but it was Connie and Fred who were the folks that filled up their trailer and attended shoots organizing some amazing deals; like shot for $9.99 a bag at the PITA Grand Pacific for several years in a row. Connie had some sort of stroke or similar malady and this decreased the smoothness of the operation some with Fred taking most of the entire load and Dakin assisting when he could then having a full time job and becoming a remarkable Sporting Clays competitor. Fred up and died perhaps 3 years ago and Dakin continues to work a real job but still manages to keep the component business functioning by purchasing at the right time and at the right price then offering it to we'uns to carry around in our Escalades and Diesel trucks. I happen to not be a regular customer having other contacts I've stuck with over the years and am now facing a serious reduction in shooting anyway. The point is that keeping the business operating at all is probably difficult while Dakin continues to have real work and is a seriously competitive shooter his own self. If there are failures to perform perfectly in all deals, I say shame on them but perhaps knowing the situation may lead folks to be a little understanding and tolerant while hoping to take advantage of some really great deals......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

if the shipping didnt kill the saveings, I would order and wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.