Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connies Components - buyers beware

10K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  vpsr6 
#1 ·
Just as an FYI thought you may want to know about this company Connies Components.I purchased a MEC 9000 from them on 4/18. A special package was to consist of (3) charge bars 7/8, 1, and 1-1/8 with the loader. I received the loader about 10 days later and no 2 addl bars just the one that comes pre-packaged with the loader. I called and the response I got was "oh we must have forgotten to put them in we will send them right to you". 2 weeks go by no bars, multiple voice and e mails go unresponded to. Finally on 6/14 he tells be they are out of stock from MEC. I called MEC and ask them if this is so, MEC tells me no way plenty of all size bars in stock and furthermore Connies does not get their supplies directly from us (MEC). More calls to Connies with out response. On 6/30 I get an e mail that states the bars shipped from MEC to Connies on 6/26 and they will express them to me. Here it is 7/15 and still no bars, and voice and e mails go unresponded to. I am making this post to inform anyone who may be thinking of using them this is the kind of service you will get and maybe will get your product that you have paid for. Is it really worth it to save a few bucks and go through all of this???In addition to this on the website the backorder policy is supposed to be that if a backorder is more than 30 days the amount will be refunded. I have no bars and no check 60 days later!!!So much for helping out the little guy!!

#2 ·
Wow! $12.51 worth of parts from a company that only operates part time...and you want us all to avoid them?

The people at Connie'ds Components have full time day jobs, and ship your orders when they have time. They warn you that sometimes it will take time to send your orders.

Get a life!

#3 ·
I must side with the purchaser. I don't care if they do have full time jobs and only run there other one part time. It looks like they should quite there full time jobs so they can take care of there customers.
It has gone on long enough and the goods have been paid for. It does look like you paid extra for a whole bunch of excuses. There is no excuse to not take care of customers who have all ready paid in full for something.
Thanks for the warning and yes my money is to good to be put in there bank.

#6 ·
Well behold timming is everything, just as I have gotten to my boiling point and made this post UPS shows up shortly after with the bars. I still find this unacceptable, not sure I understand the $12 dollar referance, so I would have been treated differently if it was $1200? Remember this was part of a $469 purchase. I have posted good experiences with companies so I felt it only equal to express this one. If you want to continue to purchase there it's your choice.

#10 ·
Hmmmmmmmm..... let's see....you bought a Mec 9000 at a discount...and expected instant premium service?

Next time go to your local gunshop and pay full price and take it home woith you....but be sure to open the box and make sure all the parts are in there!

#12 ·
Ahab, it makes no difference if he bought it at a discount or not. What the hell that have to do with it. The people weren't on the level with him. All he expected was what he promised, no more no less it seems. You seem to be on the side of the people doing the shafting, hope to never deal with you.

#13 ·
VSPR6.. This is the second time in the past couple months you have posted the same rhetoric about Connies. As with anything else, there are 2 sides to every story, and we haven't heard Dakin's, have we? How many of us, in business, have never had an order go completely "sideways" on us? Is this the first order you have ever placed with a company that was not to your satisfaction? Were you just as vocal, and willing to go on a website and whine? It's pretty easy to do, especially when you don't have to sign your name to your post. There are hundreds of us out here that do business with Connies on a regular basis. Are we on this site complaining? I have done business with Connies for years. I have had them foul up an order, myself. Rather than come on this site and blast him, I just worked it out with him so both of us were satisfied. It must have worked out ok because I'm still doing business with him. I'm not saying you don't have a reason to be upset, and disappointed with his service, if that's what really happened. What I don't like is the fact that you already came on here once with this same complaint and aired it out, why is it so important to you to do it twice? Do you feel more justified this time than you did the last time? You got the bars you were promised, and your transaction is now complete. Let it go, man, life is too short to get that upset. All that kind of anger will only lead to an early demise. If you choose to not do business with Connies again, that is your choice. Do us all a favor, however, let it go and move on... Dan Thome (Trap2)

#15 ·
Just because he bought at a discount means that he should stand by and wait for 60 days or more to get his product.Thats rediculous.I,m not bad mouthing connies in any way,i just think that having to wait on something that long after you have already been charged is a little crazy from any business.

#16 ·
Yes this is the 2nd post on this, the first was an inquiry as to if this is normal service from this company after 1 month of non-response. The 2nd today was a follow up another month later, how many months should a company have to striaghten out a simple order? All I wanted was a return phone call or e mail You have the facts (dates) what side of the story do you need to hear? Yes I got my bars today 2 months later and I have had a new loader sitting in front of me that I could not use is that fair? You are obviously friends with him and thats fine, continue to do business with him. If it makes you feel better I will delete this post in a bit. I will give my opinions on experiences on various dealings good or bad, isn't that what review are for?

#22 ·
Trapshooting hippie.............no I am not on the side of people tha do the shafting!

I have had my own successful business fo over 42 years....and never shafted anyone! You must never been in business or you would realise that s**t happens sometimes. Then you do your best to correct it!

Again...if you insist on instant gratification, buy from your local shop where they have it in stock. Mail order does take time!!!!!!

Did you notice that vpsr6 did get his parts, then deleted his message?

Incidentally....I have "fired" many customers with your attitude! Life is too short to put up with a-holes!

#24 ·
Ahab FYI I deleted my messages because a respectfull request came to me via a PM and I understood the persons point of view. I did not respond to your previous post(s) because,well they just weren't worth it. I am happy that you have such a sucessfull business in these times that you can "fire customers". If you refer to someone who wants what they ordered and payed for in a timely mannor with proper communications well then I hope not to be one of your customers. This will be the last I post on this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.