1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Connies Components and poor service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by teleskier, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleskier

teleskier Member

I just want to relate my dealings with Connies Components. Some time ago I called to get pricing and shipping on some powder. Left two messages and never got a return phone call. I wrote that one off. Last week I called and ordered two bricks of primers. I was told I would have them Friday. This is Tuesday and still no primers. I called today and got dad in the warehouse but he says he can't track orders that I have to call the other number after 4 to get ahold of his son. So I call a bit after five and leave a msg. I call dad again in the warehouse and he said he knows his son is home and he will call me back. Well at 9:15 pm I still dont have a return call so I called again. I left another message saying I will not be a customer again.

I am all for supporting a small business and realize you have to put up with some things as a result but you atleast should be able to get a return phone call and a bit of customer service.

Mike

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think connies being small, and with some of their great prices and deals recently, are just over their heads a bit.

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Living in Washinton I buy from Connies. When I get down to less than two months of supplies I place an order and go get it. It is about a 300 mile round trip so I and many others buy a years supply. They are a small company and the son has a full time job so we call and set up a time for picking up the order. They just started shipping primers and powder and may be working out some kinks. My suggestion is to order far enough ahead so delivery time is no problem. If that does not work for you buy some where else.

4. teleskier

teleskier Member

I normally do buy somwhere else and for cheaper prices. I just happened to need the primers sooner and they said they could deliver to my timeline since I did not have a trip planned to the area of my normal supplier.

Oletymer, by the time you drive that round trip you are more than likely paying more than you could get them somewhere else.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hahahahahhaah............

Fast,,,Good,,,Cheap!

Pick 2 because you can't have all three!

6. oletymer

oletymer Member

Teleskier, that is why I buy a years supply at a time. Also when you add up the haz mat and shipping charges it is cheaper to drive over and pick it up for me. Shipping charges on a ton of shot is high.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike...... I have been buying from Connies for many years and have yet to experience the problems you are having. I have always found Fred and Dakin to be very reliable. As oletymer, above, posted, it is best to give them your order pretty far in advance, as Dakin works a full time job, and is very busy at that. He handles the components side as he finds time to get it done. Sometimes it takes a little while, but those of us that have dealt with them for any length of time understand that and work around their schedule wherever possible. I have, at times, run out of something and called Dakin. He shipped right away after finding out I was in a bind. I appreciated that, and I appreciate the fact that they have a huge inventory of components on hand, just for us shooters, at a very fair price. As far as being able to buy cheaper from somewhere else, please let us know where you are buying your supplies. I have not found ANYONE that is even remotely close to us that can beat Connies prices. I am always looking for a good source, so maybe you wouldn't mind sharing with us where we can get a better deal....Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Bought powder from them for the first time last month. No problems.

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

Bought from them at every grand pacific I've been to and Fred always has been more than accommodating and giving the best service, if he doen't have it with him, he will get it before the grand is finished.

Teleskier, sounds like you had a communication problem.

Reg.Todd, East Sooke, BC

10. teleskier

teleskier Member

I am going to try one more time to get a hold of them this evening to check on my order as it is still not here today.

Dan (Trap2) - I would be happy to share that info with you. See you at the Eel River Shoot.

11. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

The only thing they do fast or well is charge your credit card,forget about getting a return phone call .you might get an email in a week or so.they were supposed to give me a credit on my card from my last purchase ,they have not as of yet,but its only been a week or so,you might get good service in person,but only problems via the INTERNET,only order from them if you want problems.oh by the way they seem to have time to read these posts ,so you will probably hear from here first, Dan Witcher

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

rich-s....Sorry, but Larrys is a good bit higher than Connies is for us here in the Pacific Northwest. Check out Conniescomponents.com and click on "Our latest flyer" to compare.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. teleskier

teleskier Member

Well I just got a phone call from Connies. Seems my order went out a couple of days later than promised and should be here in a day or two. For the hassle, they say they are refunding my credit card $32 for shipping. $32 seems a bit high for shipping to bricks of primers but we will see. Also gave me his cell phone in case there are any other problems. Mike

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

for cryin out loud the shipping with the hazmat charge for a couple bricks of primers is not cheep no matter how they ship it. if you unhappy dont buy from them. bitch bitch bitch jeezus. they give you the shipping for free and you are still unhappy. get a life

15. TKHover

TKHover TS Member

I have been dealing with Connie's for about a year. They have always been a pleasure to do business with. I just got off the phone with Dakin. He called me. There was a question on my current order. He made an honest mistake and called to apologize and make sure he had the order correct. He is also putting a special rush on some primers that I deperately need. Now that doesn't sound like someone who doesn't care about customer satisfaction. It's easy to criticize. They are a small, minimally staffed family business trying to do right by their customers. This, I'm sure, helps keep their prices where we want. If you are not happy with the way they do business, it's your choice to go elsewhere and probably pay more. I'll continue dealing with them.
    Tom

16. teleskier

teleskier Member

I am anything but high maintenance. I just find it hard when I order two cases of wads from Grafs days after I order from Connies and I have had my wads for two days now and they came across the US for heavens sake.

I agree Connies is making it right. That is a good thing. My comment on shipping was not really negative. I was thinking perhaps he was giving me too much back. The hazmat fee is $20 more than likely so the $12 I guess is reasonable considering todays fuel prices.

Mike

17. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Nothing like airing your dirty laundry on a shooters forum and disparaging a honest run business such as Connie's. I would put you on a no sell list. The profit on your primers plus just flew out the window. What a jerk. Richard

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

"they say they are refunding my credit card $32 for shipping. $32 seems a bit high for shipping to bricks of primers but we will see."

richard you and steve have this dude pegged perfectly. how does this statement sound like he thinks connies is giving him to much back. you dont really expect us to swallow that one do you. you had a thorn in your butt about connies and took it out them on this site. not cool dude. some guys just cant be pleased no matter how hard a company tries. your out of line here pal cause we arent buying your griping

19. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

" refunding my credit card $32 for shipping. $32 seems a bit high "

seems as clear as day to me...he thinks the $32 shipping refund is too much.

20. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Oletymer is right. Get some of your buddies together and buy inquantities that save shipping by driving. Make a road trip of it!

All this over two bricks of primers. That's 6 to 7 weeks worth at my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

connies components