1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Connecticut Shotgun, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rcclee, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcclee

rcclee Member

Hi Guys,

Have any one heard about or owned a Connecticut A-10 side lock 12 ga shotgun? It's a true side lock gun like the SO but only 1/3 of the price.

Talked to my local gun smith and he worked on one and was impressed by the workmanship.

Want to see anyone has owned one of those and their thoughts.

Thanks!

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Great company & customer service. Mine's a launch edition/exebition wood, deluxe. Very nice...go for it, if the price is right.

Best...mike

[​IMG]

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I love what they do with the 21....absolutely beautiful.

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Nice shoes Mike! YUK YUK YUK

D.P.Reynolds

5. twotimer

twotimer Member

I have an A-10 American. Exhibition wood etc. I feel it is an extremely good value and very high quality for the $. Mike

6. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Anything CSMC does is high quality.

7. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Connecticut Shotgun is getting ready to hit the Clay Target Market with a new gun. Supposedly a lot like the Krieghoff receiver but with some revolutionary features.
    At the present time it is referred to as the "G-1".

This ought to be interesting, since sales of new target shotguns has been in the ditch lately......

8. high 2

high 2 Member

They are here in San Antonio at the world skeet championships. Looked around in their trailer today. They have quite a few A-10's. Nice looking guns. They also had some entry level SxS's. I think they were called Purdy. Had a nice pair that could be had for a small sum of $150K. They are very nice folks and knew their stuff. I do have to say they had a couple of 21's that were plain gawdy looking with all the gold. Larry

9. brownk80

brownk80 Member

The model 21 I saw was a beautiful copy.

10. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

I have two A10's and a Launch RBL, all are beautiful guns. the A10 is similar to the SO Beretta but has the 680 style lock up. The guns are extremely well made. The RBL and the baby frame 20/28 combo I have have exhibition walnut. The 12 guage A10 is the plain wood but I was very pleasntly surprised by the wood. I currently have a new 20 guage o/u on order for my wife. Jack

11. wm rike

wm rike Member

I might be the odd man out. I have an RBL that came with a short list of issues, most (not all) of which were resolved. I picked up an A10 earlier this year and thought that particular gun, while fancy, was a bit underfinished. Other of the CSM guns are stunners, but at this point I'd want to see the item in hand before putting down any money for it.

12. dls guide

dls guide Member

Way over priced and no track record. No Thanks. And no re-sale value at all. What happens if the company goes away in a few years. Then try to get them repaired.

13. Rebel Sympathy

I don't know about the "way over priced" part. But, it does seem to be a one-man operation, and if he kicks the bucket......? Hmmmmmm!

14. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

CSM is NOT a one man shop. There are quite a few gunsmiths and stock makers working there. The shop is just a marvel to visit. Like walking into a museum with everything for sale. Their wood library is amazing.

I do not own a CSM but being from Connecticut, I know of many who do own CSM shotguns. Each is 100% pleased and many guys have second guns on order.

That said, they seem to be very satisfied.

15. Rebel Sympathy

I didn't mean the skilled labor shop was one-man. The ownership is one-man and he is the creative mind, the spark and the drive. Perhaps the financing, also. If something were to happen to him, it is not like there is an heir apparent with the same strengths and vision, ready to take over.

Certainly businesses survive the death of a key person. For that to happen however, there has to be some depth in top management. I don't know if that exists at CSMC today.

16. jr.sportingclays

jr.sportingclays Member

They are a great company, I have been around their guns and handled them and taken them apart and I am actually looking at getting a job there in a couple weeks, and they are all around great guns, very easy to clean and VERY reliable.

17. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Reel,
    Where have you been, there are thousands upon thousands of small companies across the nation who are run by entrepreneurs, most seem to survive a loss of the top person without missing a beat. Why would you bring this up??

Surfer

18. Rebel Sympathy

A one-man management team is risky for the life of a business. That's all I was pointing out; nothing more; nothing less.

19. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Seminole Chokes may be an example ?

20. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

You guys seem to worry most about getting the shotguns repaired. It's a shotgun for gosh sakes, not a rocket ship. Tony isn't going anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is the rbl by connecticut shotguns worth the money