1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Connecticut bill outlaws all but single shot guns

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Here's where we are ultimated headed.

Some of you still want to compromise with this kind of mentality? Appease them?

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122-R00-SB.htm

General Assembly

Proposed Bill No. 122

January Session, 2013

LCO No. 543

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by:

SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose:

To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

2. wayno

wayno TS Member

that bill has about as much chance of passing as i do winning the nc state lottery.

and, if i do, to hell with all of you. see if you can find me. ):

but, never let us miss a chance for hysteria.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The only hysteria I am seeing is the flurry of bill being issued by the politicians.

BIO, I am surprised the bill does not limit firearms to single shot smoothbore flintlock muskets with round ball ammo, not to exceed 22 caliber.

Above is a link to CT Senator Blumenthal's web site who wants to require background checks for ammo purchases. Imagine buying shells at the Grand.

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I doubt that bill will pass also, but it does show what these people are trying to do. It also shows the kind of mindset that they have.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Throw enough crap at the wall and see what will stick..

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"never let us miss a chance for hysteria."

With your infinite grasp of how we all want a chance for hysteria. Could you please explain to all of us how if owning a gun is a right backed by the SCOTUS. Why must law abiding citizens constantly defend the right to own one.

These control zealots could care less if any of us have right or not. BTW you said it doesn't have a chance of passing. Explain also what the people of Conn. do if you are wrong.

You give us your definition of of right and wrong as ignore it. I say if the bill doesn't pass then why can it come back time and time again??? I have also read right here that when someone says they will try to take all of our guns and won't be happy until they get them all.

You say it doesn't have a chance of passing. Well never say never you might have to eat your words. As far as I am concerned the SCOTUS's decision sure doesn't mean much to your people or they wouldn't be trying to take them. Well I don't respect their decision enough to say it can't happen!!!!! If it does happen it will go back to court again. What will that take another couple of years?????

Well you have addressed that a couple of times that I have found. For one,

"if you had the education level of a third grade chimpanzee, you would realize that no one; get it, no one--can "come after our guns". the supreme court of the united states has ruled that the individual possession of a firearm is a right guaranteed by the second amendment."

Well if this one passes wayno it will not be in violation of the SCOTUS's ruling against individual gun ownership it will just be what they called reasonable restrictions. Of course doubles might be a game of the past, at least in Conn.

BTW there is no hysteria in banning all multiple shot weapons. After it is passed, if it is passed. It is just a short step to taking all guns in the name of safety

Bob Lawless

7. wayno

wayno TS Member

"ivanhoe": in our country, people who enjoy the reasonable use of firearms for protection and sport have always been in the majority. the scotus has given that majority its approval.

so, no matter how shrill the clamoring of zealots from both sides of extremism might become, their voices will remain, purely and simply, noise.

no one will be able to restrict our ownership of weapons to single shot usage. and no one will be able to own rpg's, hand grenades, and true machine guns with practically unlimited magazines.

now, what is your problem with that?

finally, in regard to your questions about remedies if the unthinkable were to happen, just get a good lawyer and go to federal court. the courts are always open.

i could go into detail about that, but i usually get paid when i practice law; and, besides, i'm tired from a full day of shooting trap and skeet in the great state of north carolina.

wayne harrison

8. Brian in Oregon

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you have a hard time understanding, Wayno Brady?

9. Brian in Oregon

grunt, quote: <i>"Throw enough crap at the wall and see what will stick.."</i>

As true as that is, there is also the gambit of "compromise".

To us, true compromise would be both sides giving up something to gain something.

There is no compromise in this situation. The anti's are defining compromise as meaning "you accept SOME gun bans and we'll compromise by not passing everything we can". And that's exactly the deceitful line being taken by useful tools like Wayno.

This isn't compromise, it's jamming it down our throats.

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Shakespeare was right!

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wayno was so spot on with his prediction of the Ravens/Broncos game we should trust his judgement and just not worry about this....YEAH RIGHT!

12. CharlieAMA

Yea- 'To be or not to be, that is the question.' If we don't keep pushing and fighting for our rights, "not to be" may come to pass.

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"no one will be able to restrict our ownership of weapons to single shot usage. and no one will be able to own rpg's, hand grenades, and true machine guns with practically unlimited magazines.

now, what is your problem with that?"

Well wayno the problem with that is it isn't true. I know at least three people that own true machine guns. One of them owned stacked German machine guns model number he says is MG42 that he had rebarreled to .308 caliber. They are belt fed a cloth belt. He goes to a machine gun shoot every year down south somewhere. I haven't seen him in some time so memory has failed me on the exact location.

The point is you are incorrect when you say NO ONE will be able to own true machine guns. You seem to live in a fantasy world where only your opinion is correct and no one elses matters.

Just what I would one expect from a so called lawyer that insults the intelligence of other poster with statements like.

"if you had the education level of a third grade chimpanzee"

Yet you don't start sentences with capital letters or use them in proper names as a matter of fact you don't even use them in your own name. Talk about intelligent your written words have no credibility with me that is for sure.

Bob Lawless

14. wayno

wayno TS Member

calvin, what in the hell are you talking about?

15. CharlieAMA

Go to www.knobcreekshoot.com. Them boys got some cool firepower.

16. wayno

wayno TS Member

well, bob, believe it or not, i did realize that with extremely difficult to acquire licences, one might acquire a machine gun. my point was, i don't think you or i, or the general public, would be able to own one.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry Wayno..seems I confused you with "wayneo"....who was betting against Baltimore...I get touchy when my home team is belittled

18. wayno

wayno TS Member

:) yeah, i can dig it, calvin. i am suffering through a really bad season with my tar heels, just now...

19. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Wayno please tell me more in regards to machine gun ownership and unlimited magazines. As a owner of two registered to me machine guns a 1928 Thompson with a 50 round drum and a AR18 true assault rifle. Please explain your theory of no one will be able to own true machine guns with unlimited magazines?

CharlieAMA your correct about Knob Creek. One of my friends will be hosting a Full auto shoot here in Minnesota this spring. Every thing from sub machine guns to MG42s.

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

whiz-bang,

But you are not part of the general public. Of course I am being sarcastic as wayno says the general public would not be able to own one. He knows, just ask him.

All those select fire/machine gun owners at Knob Creek are not average people from the general public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.