1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Conn. Grade School Shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Before the Second Amendment and Gun Control conversations begin here on TS.com, I request that we all say prayers and mourn those Adults and especially those little Children ages 5-10 who will never see Christmas again. I cannot imagine what it feels like to lose a Child let alone a bright eyed, innocent child in elementary school. My prayers go for their souls and also their family members who now have to cope with this horrific event.

blade819

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very tragic indeed

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

blade819, Thank you for your heart felt post it could not be state any better. What is wrong with our society that this is turning in to an edimic? Mass attacjs like this make me sick how can this keep happening?

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

This is indeed a terrible tragedy and for it to happen during the Holiday season makes it even more difficult to fathom.

All thoughts and prayers must be put towards all affected by this senseless violence.

Tim

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

First and foremost... my heartfelt sympathy goes out to the families of those who lost children and adults in this tragedy. I have two grandkids, 4 and 6, and cannot even start to understand the grief I would have to live through if anything like this ever happened.
    As far as how to stop people like this monster... start making everybody responsible for their actions from day one in their lives. No more blaming problems or actions on somebody or something else. You do it,you own it.
    Start teaching right from wrong from day one.
    We need to get back to teaching and learning correct morals in this country. This will be a slow turning ship. It will take a generation or longer but the longer we wait the worse things will get and I just can't imagine anything worse than this shooting.

Condolences to all,

Pat

6. blade819

Thanks for the comments/prayers. As this unfolds it looks to be getting worse.

blade819

7. RayReys

RayReys Member

Just heard- very tragic- thoughts and Prayers to all of them, another senseless act brought on by an evil individual. It's disheartening

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Sickening... babies...

Thoughts and prayers... siblings, parents, grandparents, neigbbors, extended family... 1000s affected by this insane act...

For those unaware... hometown of the National Shooting Sports Foundation...

Peace...

Jay

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

How could anybody do something so terrible, I feel so sorry for the people directly effected, prayers sent

10. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victim's families. What tragic loss.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This whole thing just makes me sick. I can't imagine the pain these families and parents must be feeling. I can only Pray that God will guide them through these painful, trying times.

12. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

My heart bleeds for the parents of these innocent little souls.
    we should not have to worry about our children when we put them on the school bus in the morning.
    We cannot say enough prayers for all of these families.
    Rooferbob

13. drgondog

drgondog Member

Food for thought - this website has overtones of 'run for the TV antenna hats' but they have called several major stories that didn't hot our news media - but did make the rest of the world.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1637.htm

when you have some real spare time on your hands, read some of the articles - believe the ones that turned out to be true and speculate on the rest.

Three straight semi auto rifle/pistol mass murders, or attempts, (CO, OR, CT) in this short a time from young men seemingly normal one year ago makes one wonder.

If these events, low probability, turn out to be a conspiracy - what kind of monster would be part of it? But we do know what is next.

I do Not wonder what will be next - which at minimum will be a mass call from the Left to ban semi-autos to which most of us will respond NFW. It will be interesting times as we build up to some climax that most of us have no idea what to expect.

I lost a daughter young to a foul disease - that was bad enough. I have no idea what it would be like to hear my grandkids had been murdered at their school.

Bill the Suspicious (and very sad)

14. James344

James344 Active Member

I hear about all the terrible killings that have gone on, and I stop and wonder how someone can do this, but never get real emotional. Today, though, is different. The idea of someone doing this and hurting poor little babies who had nothing to do with his issues is unfathomable. I've never had tears from things like this before, but now I sit here crying over this.

My youngest is 6, and all I can do is think what I would be feeling if I could never hug him again, and it hurts. I cannot even begin to imagine what the parents who are actually going through this are feeling. Christmas will never be the same.

15. blade819

My "babies" live in NY City and are 37 & 34. I called each one this afternoon and told them how much I loved them. Our Children I believe are always our "babies". James344.... lots of tears flowing today, don't feel alone.

blade819

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The wife & I have 12 grand children,13 great G C. I could not survive this unhuman act on any one. God be with them.
    Clyde

17. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

My wife works for BB&T Bank here in Fla. I spent a good part of the day picking up Christmas Presents that the bank collected for very under-privileged kids. This in no way makes up for the unexplainable tragedy that occurred in Co. however in some small way it helps me try to deal with things such as this. Please don't take what I'm saying as self pride but it does help. As others have said they are in our prayers.

18. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Completely senseless, tragic, profane, bewildering and any other painful descriptors that may come to mind. Just as reprehensible is the way these poor families and young lives will become political fodder.

The pain of loosing a child is as sharp every morning, as it is the first day. May the survivors find some peace and comfort, and those lost be in Heaven 3 days before the Devil knows they're gone.

Kip

19. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

I lift up these poor children and the grieving parents to our Lord and Saviour. There is no way to explain or understand the actions of a person not in their right mind! God bless the victims! Joe

20. blade819

Babies !

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.