1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congressional Email & Phone Listings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stims, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stims

stims TS Member

Here are 2 sites with all the information needed to start contacting your Senate and Congressional leaders.

http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

http://www.conservativeusa.org/meg-cong.htm

(I may need to ask someone to type me a letter if I do it the seceret service may end up at my door)

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

3. stims

stims TS Member

Thanks for catching that!

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

This is somewhat a waste of time, in my opinion. (And that's all it is). I have contacted my 2 U.S Senators and my U.S. Representative 3 times in the last 6 months. (I live in Arkansas). Senator Pryor has answered me twice in the 3 times I contacted him. What the result "boiled down to"; was a bunch of political rhetoric and spin, trying to justify his votes. Senator Lincoln and Representative Ross didn't acknowledge my existence. Not so much as a reply from either one of their offices in the 3 times I contacted them. I should add that these were cordial and respectful inquires; I did not issue any type of sarcasm or demeaning language in my contact with any of them. Bottom Line?? They could care less about their constituents. They just want to follow party lines and then 6 months before they come up for re-election they "crawl out of their hole" and tell all the voters what great people they are. This is not an Arkansas problem. This goes on in every state; at the Federal level, the State level and the local level. Then you have the liberal media in the pockets of these fools that are RUINING our country, (no I spelled it correctly; I did not mean running our country); and you have what you see today. You think it's bad now? Wait until this phony and his cohorts get in for a second term!! AND no, writing to your congressman will not help a bit. Why? Because they don't care what you think!! God help us all. Again, just my opinion.. Ed

5. stims

stims TS Member

They may not have answered you but they notice. It may very well be a waste of time but I'm not going lay down and watch my freedom be taken away without a fight and Im going to keep sending this posting to the top so people see it. sounds like you already gave up the fight esoxhunter before it began thats exactly what they want!

6. esoxhunter

Just being realistic. And so what if they notice; they just "flip you the middle finger" and go on with their quest for re-election. If you think any of these worthless pieces of human debris in Washington, (to include the Republicans), are going to vote for the will of the people; then I have some ocean front property here in Arkansas to sell you cheap. When I vote once for a candidate and my vote is trumped by these low lifes who are allowed to vote 10 times; then you might say I GIVE UP. However, come in my house to take possession of my property; THEN the "giving up" goes away.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

After you log into this site, there is a link at the top that will connect you to the e-mail of your personal representatives. I wish everyone would use it more.

Pat Ireland

8. esoxhunter

EE: I will admit that Demint is the exception to the norm. But tell me why people continue to vote in such pieces of crap like: Pelosi- Reid-Kennedy-Feinstein-Feingold-Boxer-Waters-Levin-Frank-Dodd-Mikulski-Conyers-Durbin-Kerry-Schumer-Lautenbach- Heck lets throw in some Republicans while were at it : Snowe-Collins-Spector-Hagel-McCain-Swarznegger. I know I'm forgetting a "ton" more. Hell we probably will see Franken if they ever get done counting votes in Minnesota. AND these aforementioned people are winning by landslides. Are you finally seeing the picture? Write my congressman you say?? A couple years ago I might have agreed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that our economy is gone and I'm sure if we write enough emails to our representatives; they will make it possible for the 20 million illegals in this country to pull us through this. By the way; did you hear anything about illegal immigration from the Democrats or the Republicans in this past election?? Hell no. I have to stop now and write my congressman on the toilet paper I used to wipe my rear end with... What a bunch of pathetic losers; and our kids and grandkids are left with this mess!!!!!

9. ganger

ganger Member

Esox, I could not agree more. Once these scumbags get to DC, their only concern is staying there and filling their bank accounts. There is a little sympathy from the Representatives because they are up for election every 2 years, but the Senators don't even know you exist. I fear it will take more than phone calls and e-mails to get this ship on course again. Ganger

10. stims

stims TS Member

Then Don't do anything and lay your arms down thats what they want you to do. I dont care I know what Im gonna do hell I have the biggest bigit in the senate in my state Arlen Spector you think Im leaving him alone f$#k no, he gets an email once a week from me and from others that I know.

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I think email is probably worthless, they don't even think about looking at it anymore.

Send them a snail mail letter, at least that way they "might" open it.

I like using the phone, that way, I at least know somebody in the congressional office heard what I think. I at least get the satisfaction of knowing I took up some of their time. And the good thing about taking some of their time is that it leaves them with less time to think of ways to screw the taxpayers.

12. esoxhunter

stims: I never have mentioned that I would "lay my arms down". (Your quote not mine). However, if you scrutinize my second response to this thread you will note my mention of "entry into my house". unquote. So that you understand, my duties prior to my retirement was training law enforcement officers in tactical firearms and chemical agent tactics. I will never "lay down". Just don't walk through my front door without an invite. At that point I will need to assess the threat and act accordingly. AND that goes for all the useless government parasites, as well.. Ed

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

To those of you that feel it is necessary to write your Senators and Representative. Your elected officials don't even read their own email and letters. Let alone talk to constituents on the phone ask yourself if my Senator/Reps. read an answered all his own email what else would he have time for?

Your elected officials pay some one else to read their mail and under guidelines set up by them these people bring to the attention of the Senator/Reps. anything that falls into these guidelines. It would probably stager your imagination if you new how many email a Congressional Representatives receive on a weekly basis.

I am not saying don't write to them what I am saying is don't be fooled into believing that what you write is actually seen by your elected officials in DC

Bob Lawless

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I believe email is useless, but I will send faxes. ONce there is a piece of paper, someone has to do something with it. Maybe even read it.

I did get replies, with the usual BS but nonetheless replies.

It begins to seem the energy may be better spent informing voters. Get to your letters to the editor page in the local paper. Be articulate and factual.

A letter to your senator is only seen by them. A letter to the editor is seen by thousands.

I have family and friends who need education too. I'm working on that.

I hope the Bush haters have what they want. I have never seen so much controversy on a new President. At least it shows people are aware to some extent.

HM

15. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Oh, they pay attention to their email. I do occasional tech support for some state congress critters. They have young staffers that pay close attention to messages that might come back to bite them, or possible physical or political threats.

Beyond that, you're kidding yourselves that they really care what you think, because they don't. Many of them have been in Washington for 20 and 30 years and expect to retire from Congress as wealthy and famous men after a long career of "service". If they cared for one second about your opinions, they would not have spent a trillion dollars on worthless, self-aggrandizing pork. If you think they do care, you took your high school civics class to seriously.

The mid-term elections can't GET here fast enough for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.