1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congress is a JOKE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by XTFreak, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

THe liberal led U.S. Congress is a pathetic joke.

THey can investigate steriod abuse and tell us what kind of light bulbs to use but when it comes to the mortage mess or energy, they turn a blind eye and play duck and cover.

I say they should all be locked up.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The 2 party system which is forced on us is the culprit. Way too many people say, " you have to pick the lesser of 2 evils", etc.

I fear it will not change. Lots of votes are bought by the entitlement programs and the "Let the Government do it" mentality.

Not to throw stones, but I feel a few low yield thermonuclear urban renewal devices might just get a change in things.

HM

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What was your 1st clue? And when?

Curt

4. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

Government : Non Productive and Non Accountable , Total Waste .

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

FUBAR,,,,,,

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They are more a manace than a joke. :(

7. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I am watching this hearing today and it's easy to see that this whole room of idiots doesn't have a clue about what happened, why it happened, or even have a distant clue of how to cure it. If the fate of the financial system of this country is in these clowns hands, say a prayer. Washington only produces words.

8. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

partygirl,,,its called being dumb as a fox,,,,,

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I think EVERYONE should refuse to file income taxes for at least a year and send a real message. If we could get 80% of the population to do it the IRS will not be able to thow everyone in jail....They couldn't afford it!

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Perazzi Big Bore sums it up the best. The responsible, hardworking people get screwed again. It sucks. I don't like this this idea of penalizing the top 20% of the income level either. Not all those people are 3rd generation millionaires, or crooks. Most have worked their ass off to get where they are, so lets penalize the hell out of them? Oh ya, thats fair. Anyone in this country with an incentive to get ahead will quickly change their mind. Why work hard and pay the majority of the taxes? Who will start new businesses? Who will invest in new businesses? What benefit is it to put everything on the line, work 60 hours a week or more, and pay more than your share of taxes?

11. halfmile

partygirl, huh? Is this your first time? Or do you just lack reading comprehension?

There are a couple of good threads here that show MANY have a clue.

Change your name to valley girl, you're clueless.

HM

12. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

545 PEOPLE

By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
    What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
    If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
    Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.
    We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

13. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I am a valley girl 1-inch, and I didn't say anything about anyone who posts here, but little pissants (whom valley girls usually just step on) seem to want to jump on people for no reason. Read my thread again and try to improve on your comprehension skill, and then go get your shine box.

14. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Oooooo,,I could see that coming!!

15. nipper

nipper TS Member

is this new news??

bill

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

party girl: "that" probably should have been used rather than "this," but most of us knew what you meant.

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

At one time you could say " still the best form of government there is" not sure we can still say that. Congress and the liberals love to lay balme and duck responsibility.

18. halfmile

partygirl.Sorry I read so fast, your syntax pointed in TS.com's direction.

"this whole room of idiots" could easily be construed for where you are at the moment of speaking.

dickg caught it. "those idiots" would direct the comment properly.

I was not an English major, my shoeshine box was parked by the bowling alley where I set pins.

HM

19. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Lets call it as it is......Congress and Senate are controlled by the Democrats and have been for the last 2 years......so what have they proactively done to avoid any of the "meltdowns" we have seen? The answer is simple....nothing. Blaming an individual for what has occurred is ridiculous. Look towards the legislators and lawmakers to place blame. Congress was too busy investigating the use of steroids in professional baseball (like who cares) and other inane issues to notice what was going on in the economy and financial markets. You want change...put pressure on Congress and the Senate they are the ones responsible. Democrats you voted in the majority, so belly up to the bar and take responsibility....you want change or improvement get rid of the lame "asses" you voted into office. There has been more than ample time for your party to effect change and they have....to the detriment of this country by their lack of performance.

JMHO

Jim C

20. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

HM your apology is accepted, and I have also adjusted my white cotton panties, and will watch my syntax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

us congress is a joke