1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congress and insider trading

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TOOLMAKER 251, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Rick, the story is on newsmax.com under 60 minutes exposes polosi inside trading. Yes it perfectly legal to do this, but they just put a Pakistani business man in jail for doing it.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I saw it. The whole damn bunch is guilty of it. My new motto is " If their in office vote them out". Do it every election for a couple decads it'll straighten out.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I watched it. Pelosi knew she was cooked, but also knew she could get away with it. What a crock.

There should be a law against corporate donations for re-election, insider trading, and lobbyist in the capital period! Special interests are killing this country.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Like they say "money talks and Bull**** walks". Their all crooked.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I agree about the donations but not just corporate. Should also include Labor Organizations and any other group of more than a married couple.

Should also make it a law that any elected official and his staff could not be lobbyist within 5 yrs of the elected person leaving office.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Pelosi fires back at CBS.

I posted this hoping that you will read the article instead of admiring the lady in the picture.lol

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Looks like a license to steal has been granted to the democrats and republicans in Congress, and both sides are not about to let those licenses go to waste. Funny how politicians go to Washington in modest financial shape and leave there as millionaires. Pelosi was the big buggy eyed, beligerent to Steve Kroft's questions and the finale target at the end, but what about all the republicans, including Boehner? They're all crooks in my opinion. Funny how H.R. 1148 (I think) died such a quick death. Its been house cleaning time for years.

John E.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Way to kill that. When elected all investment accounts must be placed in Money Market funds and stay there until they are out of office for 2 years or don't run for office if you can't agree to those conditions. Bulge.

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Sounds like a plan bulge, now to just get enough incumbents out and a fresh crop of congressmen in there to vote it in before they are corrupted.

John

10. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

48 hours after being sworn in they're corrupt!

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sigh.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

They are corrupt when they start campaigning, and it gets worse from there.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Rick Perry and Texas have some insight for them: 140 days in office every 2 years, cut their salary in half and if no balanced budget amendment by 2020, then cut it in half again.

This way they have to be under Social Security and provide for their own health care.....

14. xb40

xb40 Member

Got to have term limits. It won't stop it, but they only have two years to earn millions on that 200,000.00 job. XB

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Kerry was even worse. He sat on a committee and used the info for a big score.

If any of these people's aides did what they did they would go to prison.

There is a book "Throw Them All Out" that details this garbage. Mashy Linky.

HM

16. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Hey Rick. What about Newt getting paid 1.8 million dollars by Freddie Mac?

blade819

17. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Blade-about Newt-first he got paid $300K and now the price has gone up to $1.8 mil. On the other Democratic side the money he got went down.
    I watched Frank the other night rant about Newt.
    Each time a Rebub gets good score they go after them.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Rick,,,,wasn't jumping on any band wagon,,,,just pointing out that we can get a lot done in TX without having the legislature in session ALL the time,,,,maybe if Washington did the same,,,,we wouldn't have 20,000 page bills and the leaders pulling the BS that they do,,,,if anyone thinks they will give up what they have without a BIG fight.....

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Thinly veiled crime, plain and simple. Standard Operating Procedure in D.C.

-Gary

20. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The "SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE" is now included with insider trading.
    All this is against the law and everyone sits like "little jack horner sat in a corner,WHY CANT WE THE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
    The dept of justice would laugh if we went to them.
    The president not an american, a muslim; members of the muslim brotherhood living or staying in the white house, his personal advisors.
    Over a billion a day gets spent, wheres the money come from.
    Why dont we all get together stop paying taxes, lets all go to jail and do what they do,OVERWHELM THE SYSTEM. Beat them at their own game.
    But I forgot, America is now a NATION OF COWARDS, lazy, do nothings and so on. How do I know this is true,my muslim president says so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.