1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Congratulations Tucson

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pufftarget, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pufftarget

pufftarget Member

Congratulations to the Tucson Trap and Skeet Club membership on their efforts in hosting the World Cup. And thank you to the couple who donated so much to build the bunkers.

I shot a couple matches last year and I had my doubts it would be pulled off. But the willingness to work hard and accept suggestions that those working at the bunker demonstrated even then obviously led to an exemplary performance all round w/world records and equaled world records in great numbers. I hope that Tucson will be able host a world cup two years from now when quota slots will be at stake and the attendance from around the world will be greater and the competition even fiercer.

Chuck
  2. perazziuser

perazziuser Member

Absolutely!

Tucson is a great venue and deserves an encore....

Jeff Holguin
  3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I was there for the womens competition and I was very impressed with the facility, the fantastic condition the whole club was in, and the orderly fashion with which the shoot was run.

Great job Tucson and thanks to Bill Martin for his effort and financial support. World Class Facility and effort!!!

Mark Zauhar
  4. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

I was there as well, the ranges, events, personnel, officials, shooters and weather were all fantastic. They produced some of the best results of any World Cup I have been at!! Jon Ogilvie
  5. pufftarget

pufftarget Member

Cudos also to White Flyer Targets. Several years ago Bill Daniels, White Flyer rep, attended a bunker shoot in Las vegas. Cadry Genena and I took the opportunity to comment on what we saw as deficiencies in the then available target as compared w/ a benchmark Nasta target. Bill took the information back to White Flyer management and they took on the costly redesign and retooling w/ the aim of producing a world class target. Cadry and I were privileged to be part of the process. Based on the results from Tucson, I'd say they succeeded. Thanka Bill and White Flyer.

Chuck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.