1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations Tom Strunk Az Singles Champ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by walnutmaker, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Tom Strunk does it again in Arizona on Saturday breaking a lone 199 for in state honors in a nasty wind storm. Congratulations and thank you for shooting my PROSOFT recoil system! 73 years old and still going strong Phil Simms

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Great shooting by a great person.Congratulations Tom.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's an impressive feat! Good shooting Mr. Strunk.

ss

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

Congratulations Tom. It was a pleasure to meet you down at the Spring Grand.

Jim

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Who said that old Pharts can't shoot good?

Congrats Tom!

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great performance by my quail huntin buddy!! I said today's a quail huntin day and he took it to heart! Great feat my friend breakin targets from 6 foot low to 60 foot high!

Hap

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Nice shoot'n Tom!

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Well done Tom. I'm impressed. I hope all is well at home. Doug

9. white rattler

white rattler Member

A great show by a good man. Trevor Dawe.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ah, likely a "piece of cake" for Tom. I bet he knows how not to "redlight" on those dancing targets.

Tom: Congratulations!!!

David

11. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great job Tom, looking forward to meeting you and Hap in August. Harv.

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Congrats, It's killing me, I want to know which one it was that got away. Hard right, or what? Jim lol

13. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for the kind words. The target I missed was a left angle from either peg 3 or 4. It was a HIGH rising target that I was told later by my squad mates that I dusted but didn't break. I was using my 32 inch top barrel of my O/U on my K-80 Trap Special, it has a .027 Wilkinson choke. I was shooting Winchester Super Target light 8's.

With no doubt, the single best modification I have made to my gun has been a fitting by Phil Simm's and the use of his ProSoft stock. I have been using this stock for a year and a half. I am 73 years old and have a collapsed disc in my back, with his stock I have no pain at all after a week of shooting. Thank you Phil Simm's.

I would like to also commend my squad mates, especially Fred Frazier, a Veteran shooter that I have been shooting with this past year. We seem to bring out the best in each other. I believe he won most of the veteran trophies for the week. Also a new junior shooter was on our squad, he took our advise and tightened up his choke from a modified to a full and really hit the second 100 well, picked up three targets from the first 100 and he won the junior title in a shoot off that evening.

I also met a lot of the TS.com posters here, and had good conversations with all. Had a great time. Tucson is run so well, too bad the weather didn't co-operate the last three days. And a special thanks to the Vice-president of Tucson trap and skeet, Mr. Doug Simm's, you are the greatest.

Tom Strunk

14. dws

dws TS Member

Tom - Congratulations !!

It was great shooting with you and watching you shoot - you were really GRINDING THEM !

Dennis

15. freddy01

freddy01 Member

Hey Tom!!!

Great job. Wish I coulda been there. I am proud to know ya.

Fred Dague WV

16. biff

biff Active Member

Tom, Congratulations!! Great shooting, sounds like you got it all back! Way to go! Biff

17. bas

bas Member

Tom - congrats - once again....it was a great score as the conditions were....well, let me say...challenging. I'd also like to congratulate my long time friend Jerry Demulling - our NR champ with a 2x2. Another great accomplishment in very WINDY conditions.

Now...the Tucson T&S Club did a great job, once again, with a major tourney...but, they need to "fire" the person in charge of the wind machine....they never did get it fixed!!!! Great job by all.

18. Quick Shot

Quick Shot TS Member

Hey Tom, way to go. I guess there's still hope for us old farts. Keep up the good work, my friend.
    Frank

19. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Tom, way to go bud!!! I had the honer of shooting on your singels squad Thursday, and that really put me back in the game, great rythem!! Tom I'll shoot on your squad anytime! Congratulation on your singels titel, great job!!! Bob Murray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.