1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations to Kay Ohye

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jarbouh, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarbouh

jarbouh TS Member

Congratulation Mr Kay Ohye for winning the dixie grand doubles championship well deserved.

Eli Jarbouh.

2. Husy rider

Husy rider Member

The can shoot.In book the best doubles shot in the game.

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

At his age, I do not think he has fallen back a bit. Congrats old man!

CM

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Once I start shooting a little better, I'm going to really stay focused and see if I can keep my singles average above 98% for 43 years like Kay has done.

Gary :p

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I watched Kay shoot off at Mason's GLG one year for over two hours, just crushing every target. One hard left was hit just a bit on the back side, Kay paused one second, very slightly shook his head then continued crushing them.

After a few hours of this I became hungry for dinner, I went back to the RV, hit the shower, grilled some steaks, ate then chilled over a few beers.

At sunset I returned to watch him smoke his 800th straight singles target for the day! It was getting so dark I could barley see targets.

I love the intense focus both Kay and Debbie project. They are very serious when they go to work.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Shannon, Your comment about darkness reminds me of the time at the New Hampshire state shoot held on top of a hill at a 6 trap club that is long gone. I'm only guessing perhaps early 80's about. I was finishing on my last field, incredibly dark and Kay was starting his last trap just to the left 75 straight from the fence--the old days, 3 hole and hand set and pulled. It happened to a year that WW all of a sudden had a shell problem crop up, mis-fires all over the place that weekend. Of course Kays shooting them at the time. No light, sun had set, dark glasses on, he's not changing a thing and he's focussed. As a spectator I/we had great trouble seeing the targets, and I want to tell you he just ink-balled them all. May have been the first 100 in New England from the 27 in those days, I don't know as I'm no historian-just history. Way to go Kay, congratulations from MM.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary,

You got to get it to 98% first. No offense buddy but you should set your goals a little more within reach. I set my goal to stay above 50%.

It's the only goal I've ever reached. :)

Yes, way to go Kay. Very impressive.

My wife's favorite story was scoring Kay's squad at the Grand in 2006. When he came to the scorers bench his fly was down. She evidently got a show cause she repeats the story every time we see him or hear his name mentioned.

8. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Most scores look really low..I just looked at rj stuart web site... Congrats to Kay..

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Zardo, nice to hear you talking about shooting again. Hope to see you here in Florida for the Southern and then again in July up at Minnesota.

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

A pretty tough amateur shooter.

11. rw993

rw993 Active Member

Congrats Kaye,

I (and many) at the MO HDCP during a prelim hdcp the wind was incredible. 1100 shooters and there were only 2 50s. Kaye had one and I think it paid $3k+..

Targets were hitting the ground 10-15 yards before the stake. They were blistering out of the house to get them that far. What a day. What a shooter.

Ron Wilson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.