1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

congratulations to Ford motor Co.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TOOLMAKER 251, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Ford announced today they intend to invest 16 billion on creating 12,000 new jobs by 2015. They will be insourcing work currently being done in Mexico, China, and Japan.

2. RAScott

RAScott Member

Amazing and they passed on the bail out too. maybe there is hope?

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

No doubt Obama will regulate the jobs away, kudos to Ford for trying.

Robert

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

God Bless Ford, the only remaining American auto company.

-Gary

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Lets just hope enough people have jobs to be able to buy new cars.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Ditto, Russ. 30 years & OUT.

Never again.

-Gary

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Now all Ford needs to do is to divest themselves of the UAW, etc., then the company can produce vehicles at a reasonable cost to the consumer.

Curt

8. oz

oz Active Member

what about the argentina plant? oz

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

When are y'all going to learn about Ford. They took stimulus money, but it was done in a fashion as it looks as if it was for R&D. Quite drinking the Kool-aid and wake up!

ss

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

What I want to know is did they retain the R&D on the Volvo 60 Diesel Hybrid that is advertising over 100 miles per gallon of gas, or did it go to the new buyer of Volvo.

11. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Ford bashers also won't admit the fact that a lot of Ford's suppliers benefitted from the bailouts. Ron

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

A Ford Taurus and a Mercury Grand Marquis are parked in my Garage. Sister in law's foreign car stays in the street. At least we still have a choice.

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Ford is a great American company but to think they have not received any help from the govt over the years is a little naive it seems. I also happen to believe Obama should be blamed for taking over GM, how in the he** does a president get to fire a business man without any repercussions?

14. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Be loyal to the USA drive Toyota, Honda and any other foreign car your heart desires. Same goes for your foreign trap guns too. God Bless America.

Harry

15. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Ford,GM,& Chrysler (Fiat) only care about making their numbers. Never in any meetings that I have been in have they ever spoken about "Quality". They always put bandaids on things just to make their numbers (daily builds).
    These are the facts... B-Rod

16. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Ford was in serious trouble in the 1970's because of some real quality problems. They implemented a quality improvement program that became known as Q1. It worked. It is just uneducated chatter to blame the workers for the quality. It doesn't matter union, or non union, if the quality is not designed into the car, and the parts are not spec'ed out for quality, the finished product cannot be quality. If executives and management do not enable quality and ask for quality, NO worker can deliver it. FORD made quality a goal at every level, from the CEO down. You cannot just scream QUALITY! on the production floor while the workers are trying to beat out of spec, low quality red chinese seals into place with a hammer and a block of wood and then expect quality. You cannot take assemblies that failed the quality inspection out of the scrap heap and put them back into production just by scribling on a clipboard either. That's what the germans did to chrysler. The common "lunch box joe" on the floor cannot be held responsible for that.

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Thanks Leo. Some people never get to see it from the floor view. Why can't we do a better job? Because more often than not, we're not allowed to.

18. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Here is the main problem with the UAW. The union protects the "DEAD BEATS". A person starts a fight/drunk, etc. the company fires that person. Then the UNION brings them back 6 months later and the Salary personel has no say in the matter. It goes before the Union Board and that is final.
    2nd issue with Quality/UAW is when I walk from accounting to paint and I count 13 people "SLEEPING" that is a problem is it not? As a manager I cannot simply fire those people.
    As far as the floor view goes - everyday I see it and live it. I work with the employees to attain quality but if you never perform your maintainence their lies the issues.

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

B-Rod, What Ford plant do you work at?

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

LEO, amen.

B-Rod, is your camera broken or do you just feel the need to bash someone?

I would have the heard evidence to present with my complaint. And if what you say is true it's a just one.

So get with the program and do something about it.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.