1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations to all on TS.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by W.P.T., Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We can't affore what Obama has plans for besides another round of vacations at our expense ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

We dont want to move in the direction that our president is leading us.---The fight is just beginning!

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

This just means that I have to go another 4 years without a president.

Ron Burdick in Sunny SC

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Musketman, I was optimistic the first four years but I was smart enough to read and listen and realized what a mess we were in and it's only gotten worse. I will continue to do as I have these past four years and that to put my trust in God. Obama is and will continue to tear our country apart but I trust God that I will be ok. Jackie B.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Not exactly an overwhelming approval of "O". In some cases states were won by 100,000 votes.

Obama/Romney

Ohio 50%/48%

Virg. 51%/48%

Pa. 52%/47%

Wisc. 53%/46%

Minn. 53%/45%

Colo. 51%/47%

Iowa 52%/46%

Mich 54%/46%

Flor. 50%/49%

4 more years of the same deadlock. Do you hear that whistling sound? It's our economy falling off the fiscal cliff.

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have to agree with you, Ron. Now I have to go another 4 years trying not to use the words obama and president in the same sentence. Jimmy Carter must be trying to figure out how a president worse than him could get re-elected.

7. Setterman

Small business owners will stop buying health care and roll their employees in to the National Health Care plan as it will be much less expensive. Tax payers will pick up the bill. They will also freeze hiring unless they absolutly need more people. With the increased tax base, risk in growing your company will nearly double. Small business will pull in their horns till they see a better definition of where our economy is heading.

They'll try to ride it out.....many won't make it. I project GM won't make it either. Whose bailing them out this time?

8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

oicu,

I think you mean watch the small buisness's close up! About the only choice my friends say they have at this point!

Al

9. glock22

glock22 TS Member

Shooting Jack, well said!!

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I predicted two years ago that if bobambi won another for years , we will see mooshell run for the senate in that next race and follow hussien and run for president.OUR worst nightmare! Sixteen years of bobambi. Tears, Jeff

11. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

"Small business owners will stop buying health care and roll their employees in to the National Health Care plan as it will be much less expensive. Tax payers will pick up the bill"

So it will cost a business LESS...and that will make them not want to hire MORE????

PS Your picking up the bill for the uninsured now, in the rates we ALL pay.

GS

12. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

These added costs will be passed along to the employee. I'm not absorbing the increased cost of Obamacare. It will come right out of WORKERS pay checks. Less in their pockets to spend. Less they have to spend on stuff you might make or sell.

How do you like it now?

Everybody who works....loses.

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

The computers were made to read the way they wanted it..Bill

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

It would appear Obama ran a better campaign and focused on those would get out to the poles. Since very little changed in the oval office, house and senate, I have some optimism that nothing will be done by either side to make our lives any worse through legislation. Appointment of judges could be another issue.

15. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

The weak Balance Sheet (fiscal) of the USA will crumble to it knees by the end of the next 4 years.

EVERYTHING JUST GOT A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE!!!

16. dhip

dhip Active Member

Hey,Look at the bright side if your Christian...Early Christians had the Romans and Lions in arenas to deal with,Christians here just have to weather the government another 4yrs.

Doug H.

17. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

You libbies don't understand! You just saw your last election! Mark it down and remind me four years from now if I am wrong! God, I hope I am wrong but don't think so! Also, I do understand the libbies! They are not smart enough to make their own decisions-they need bammy to do it for them! At least I understand their limitations! Tom Rhoads

18. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Tom, I would be willing to make a modest bet on your statement. This will not be the last election. Elections are too profitable for too many entitities, like corporations and the media. Think about it. Have you ever in all of your life seen more news shows, politically driven talk shows? They have made an extremely profitable business based on controversy. Don't kid yourself, its probably not government controling us, but rather corporate america and the media. The fact that Obama stirs up more emotions and controversy may be why he won as well. I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of guy, but just let that soak in a bit. In essence, it has become a soap opera, and trust me, its selling soap.

John

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    OICU812, quote: <i>"Setter,,watch what small biz. owners does with their employees,,,,its gonna get real ugly real quick.."</i>

A friend of mine just gave pink slips today to three of his employees so that he will fall under the health insurance threshold. Interestingly they were also Obama voters, so they got what they voted for. Double win!

20. Setterman

midilake, you responded just like a lib. You don't see the big picture. That National insurance money has to come from somewhere....taxes. Raise taxes, and you increase business cost. Those costs are not and cannot be passed on the client/buyer of the product. At least not all of them. We're in a Global market. Except for maybe food stuffs and technology, very little of our consumables are made in the US. We can't compete with global competitors that have lower labor, insurance (if any), taxes, EPA, OSHA, and other business costs than we have.

Everyone bitches about WalMart, yet EVERYONE buys goods where they can get them the cheapest. Cheaper foreign products.

With our National Debt, printing money, and lack of Gold backing, the dollar will continue to buy less and less, and is one of the reasons our Gasoline prices are so high. The Dollar is worth less on the global market. Oil affects the cost of nearly every product.

And don't say "business" doesn't pay taxes. Every business buys raw product to make their product. Raw product costs are directly affected by taxes.

You'll see unemployment rise, and those jobs won't be replaced. Business owners will run on a shoestring till a better growth climate is evident. A nasty period of negative growth (recession) will go into rotation. Fewer workers paying taxes while unemployment and entitlement spending explodes, requiring more tax dollars with out a tax base. And forget foreign growth to buy our cars and other products. Heck, they are in deep right now too, as witnessed by the release of the Euro Union today (conveniently one day after the election)!

Hard to sell goods, when your buyers can't afford them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.