1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CONGRATULATIONS SALLY STEVENS, MINNESOTA!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Congratulations on your state champion handicap win yesterday. Also on the other wins. Champion of Champion zone shoot and others.

Amazing job. One year anniversary of shooting a gun is coming soon! I cannot imagine the future, but I bet is is bright for you in the shooting world! I and our kids are so proud of you.

Your loving husband, Mark Stevens

2. Ertz

Ertz Member

I hadn't heard this yet. Sally won the Handicap championship? I guess marrying the coach really has paid off in more ways than one! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Congratulations.

What a week for Buffalo Gun Club members. Wally Shelstad wins the Doubles crown. Mark Stevens finishes runner up in the singles after a marathon shoot off. And finally Sally Stevens wins the Handicap championship. Maybe it is something in the water? The 2007 ATA gun club of the years rises to the top again. I can't wait to go shoot the Bison open on Saturday and bask in the glow of all the champions. Congrats to all of you.

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey Ertz,
    You cannot believe the way Buffalo was represented. The youth team took 1st place in the Saturday Aim program, Sally took more several more event trophies, Ryan Bartl took youth doubles champion, Colm Macnab, youth shooter Zach Daly took at least as many titles as Sally. Neil Anderson took a few also.It doesn't stop there. Just goes to show the more targets seen, the more targets broken!

Congrats to all our shooters! Fine job.

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

WOW. I didn't know about this either. We left before they posted our scores in an attempt to avoid a little humiliation.

Sally - this is truly a great accomplishment. I know you have put a lot of effort in and it's great to see the effort result in the championship and in your first year of shooting. We are so happpy for you. Some day we will say "hey we knew her back when". That must be quite a coach you have.

Kudos to all!!

Bob and Mary Lou

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Clarification for all--my excited Coach and husband failed to put the word LADY in front of that Handicap Championship moniker! I won the MN State Lady Handicap Championship with a score of 96, and let me tell you that every single shot was more excruciating than the last. By the time I was done I was wringing wet, shaking and exhausted. This sport is sure fun, eh?

Buffalo did great, with Wally winning State Doubles Champ, Coach winning State Singles Runner Up with that incredible display of marathon shoot-off technique, Ryan Bartl winning State Doubles Junior Champ too. A few of us won other stuff along the way but after completing tanking the 50 bird event in the morning with a 39, I thought my winning was over for the week.

Special thanks to the Alexandria Gun Club and the MTA for an incredible shoot. Those guys work harder than you can possibly imagine to put on such a great event and it's much appreciated.

CSJ

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

That changes nothing for us. Kudos to ALL!! We can understand Coach's pride and excitement.

Bob and Mary Lou

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hi Sally,

This is just great news and Dean and I are very happy for your win. This is a great testiment to hard work and dedication.

Dean DeBow & Dennis DeVault

8. Toddy

Toddy Member

That's great news and congrats to all,,,

Sally, you and coach are just great, positive people to be around and I owe you both dinner in Hilo and hopefully 2010 I can pay my dept. Our group will be there again next year along with my Mrs.

Hope to see you both there with a group of shooter's from the Buffalo Gun Club. I attached the link to Hawaii vacation rentals which we always rent as a group and that brings down our lodging price to $88.00 a night per couple for 14 days.

Congratulations again.

Aloha, Reg. Todd

9. mnkid

mnkid TS Member

Congratulations! I probably talked to you four times after you finished, and I never had a clue you posted such a fine score! Great job, and a trophy well earned!!!

Scott B.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Those are great results by any shooter; by one with but a year's experience they are doubly impressive. Pair great coaching with inborn talent and perseverance and see what can happen! I'm sure there are many more in your future Madame Secretary.

Neil

11. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Thank you all, and especially thanks to you, Neil. As I told you at the MN State Shoot, your actions and words since I've known you are my trapshooting ethical and moral yardstick.

See you on the line soon.

Sally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.