1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations ONDREA WEIKUM 27 yard lady.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by George Weikum, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Weikum

George Weikum TS Member

Congratulations to my daughter Ondrea Collette Weikum for her great shooting this Sunday at Brittany Shooting Park, Bunker Hill, Illinois. Ondrea broke a 98x100, 24,24,50, from the 26 yard line to get her earned punch to the 27 yard line. She's been wanting this for a while. Now she can shoot with the Big Boy's and Girls.

Last month during the Grand American she broke her first 100x100 during Sundays singles. She then had 98 and 99 in the Class Championship Monday. Wednesday came and her mother Collette and I were on the way down and she called and said she broke the first 100x100 in the Clay target. WOW, I was impressed, so we drove faster to get there. Now, I knew she was going to do it soon because she was having some descent long runs inbetween the 200 singles. We got there to watch the last 50. I didn't watch her shoot her targets, I watched her inbetween shots. She was steady and not nervous. I was confident she was straight. Well she did it, what a moment. I ran too her and she was hugged by all her shooters from the squad. I even had to wait my turn. Her first words were , "Can you belieive I just broke 200x200"? I could only think to tell her she just tied for the World Clay Target Championship. she had just accomplished a feat even her close shooting friends, Andy, TJ,John, Dave, her brother Eric Weikum,all previous All-Americans had never accomplished, and myself. Breaking "The Duece" during the Clay Target is as big of deal in shooting IMHOP. I had a thought she would break the 200 and on Tuesday night before I left home, I dug out a Grand 200x200 pin and put it in my pocket. After my hugs and a few tears, I told her I had lots of confidence in her and presented her with the 200x200 ATA Grand pin. I think she was shocked.

Three women broke the 200x200 and she won 3rd place after a 49x50 in the shoot-off. WOW, third place in the World Championship for women. I guess it's kinda like a Bronze Medal. What a proud day for the Weikum's. She really has been trying hard and wanted to be competitive. I commend you Ondrea for your stamina and desire to win. You have made your mother and I the proudest parents, and we know now that you will continue the winning ways of a Weikum trapshooter. Your brother would be claiming,"I taught her everything", with that great big Eric Weikum smile a gleaming. Congratulations again, and keep smoking,Love to you, Dad and Mom George and Collette Weikum.

Ondrea can be reached at her e-mail weikum@aol.com

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A proud pappa, I'd say.

Geo. I looked up your daughter on ATA look-up and notice quite a jump in performance this year over last. Can you tell us wha tthat would be attributed to?

Jack

3. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Now I am really impressed. I watched you shoot at the Grand and I could tell the light has come on. Great shooting Ondrea, I am proud of you. Just tell the rest of us where the switch is at. Ken Jeffries

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

May God Bless her, and Eric.

5. George Weikum

George Weikum TS Member

Just moving up. And yes she did find the switch. It's like Phil Kiner's column "The Secret".

6. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Talked to Ondrea this morning she is floating above Cloud 9.

CONGRATS AGAIN-- We are all proud of you. pk

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ondrea, congratulations on two amazing feats in a couple week time span. You are truly on a roll and your confidence level is growing in leaps and bounds. Good luck at the Northern zone shoot this weekend too. Welcome to the back fence. Harv Shell.<br>p.s. One of my proudest moments in shooting was when your Dad punched me to the 27 at the Illinois State Shoot.

8. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

Congratulations Ondrea, great news. I've shot for 35 years and never made 27.
    Good shooting must run in the family.
    George, you and Collette must be so proud.

Clif Adams

9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Add my congratulations too, it is great to see her get to 27 yards.

Terry.

10. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

SOMEBODY please shoot her hat! IM her this morning and that job did not happen.

11. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

That is so awesome that your parents where there to see you do it! I keep trying to get her to help pay it forward and coach some kids with us!!!! She is a hell of a lot better then I am!!!! But I can still beat her in cards lol.

David

12. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Thats great shooting kid.....

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Nice job honey. Great genes.

14. happy

happy Member

Great shooting all year long, Norm

15. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Congrats Ondrea on some very fine shooting!! What a year,aye?

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

A big "Wooohooo!" Congratulations to Ondrea!

K80dude...start planning your strategy with those card games, because I bet she has the drive to start beating you at that, too. Winners are like that.

17. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

Ondrea - Great Job - I Really have to bring the "A GAME" now. See you at Maywood

Dodger Boy

18. Tara C

Tara C TS Member

Congrats Ondrea!!! I can not believe how great you are doing!! I wish I had been there to see you get to the 27. good luck I am sure you will continue to do great.
    Love Tara

19. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

WOO HOO!! Congrats Ondrea!! Better not touch you......you are on FIRE!! AWESOME!!!! :)

20. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

What a super accomplishment, Ondrea.
    Congratulations.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ondrea weikum