1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations-----Mark Stevens

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by B.G.C., Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.G.C.

B.G.C. TS Member

Congratulations--Mark Stevens--ATA Coach of the Year

It may great pleasure to report that our very own Buffalo Gun Club SCTP coach Mark Stevens was awarded the ATA coach of the year, this evening at Sparta, IL.

Also, Jim Sable from Plymouth Gun Club in Plymouth, MN was also named ATA coach of the year!

2-Winners from the great State of Minnesota!!!!

Congratulations Mark and Jim!

Walter Shelstad

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Congrats to Mark

3. Juggdich

Juggdich TS Member

Congratulations Mark!

I met Mark when I was 16 and shooting at Mound for the very first time (and first time ever holding a gun or shooting one for that matter - I shot a 16..had to brag a little). He was the first one to introduce himself to me and from then on showed me everything there is to know about shooting up until now. I went from being a trap boy at Mound, to shooting ATA as much as I can. You deserve this award, and I am sure Paul, John, Chad, and Nick would agree.

DJ P.

4. nathan2000

nathan2000 TS Member

Mark,

This award could not have went to a better guy. I have yet to find an individual in the sport of hunting that donates time, energy, and resources to make sure kids have the shooting experience that you were able to have when you were a kid. I have hunted along side of you, shot trap many times along side of you and with out fail, everytime you have a gun in your hand, the smile goes with it. The kids are lucky to have a dedicated sportman like yourself in their corner.

Your Dad would be proud of your accomplishments!!!

Great Job Mark!!!

Gary B.

5. Uknowme

Uknowme TS Member

Congratulations Mark and Jim!!

It takes a great passion for the sport and youth to achieve these accomplishments! Many reap the rewards from these efforts you put forth.

Keep up the great work.

Cindy Townsend

6. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

First of All,

I want to say thank you to all the well wishers. This was a real surprise to me! All of you that know me know that I am humbled by your giving me this award. I do it for the love of the sport and not for accolades.

I am proud to teach persons to shoot. Never realized how many I have taught until this year at the state shoot when time after time peaple came up to me and thanked me for starting, and or helping them to shoot. It was overwhelming at times, to say the least. Many of these were kids at 9 and 10 years old whom are now in college or just graduating. Many of them can outshoot me now, which is iceing on the cake.

I get as much enjoyment out of watching the "light bulb" turn on with these persons as shooting myself. It is very rewarding.

I am simply passing on a sport that I love that was taught to me by my father, whom was taught by his father!

I would encourage others to do the same. It requires some time and patience.
    The rewards far exceed the cost or time spent!

I am looking forward to teaching shooting until the day I tip over! I would encourage others to volunteer or take up coaching on there own.

I want to thank some persons too.

Wally Shelstad, for showing me ATA shooting. I came to Buffalo Gun Club 6.5 years ago, shot with my son, and was introduced to the ATA. Wally congradulated me on my win that day and made me feel special. I returned the next weekend and was greeted at the door by Wally, whom called me by my first and last name. I was not only amazed but shocked! That and the strong support by many, kept me coming back!
    Thanks to Gene Lack whom taught me most everything I know. Others too! Ron Baker, Tim Rawerts, Mark and Connie Smith, Chris Larson, the list can go on and on!
    I am very pleased to have been presented this award by ATA President Neil Winston, personally. Neil is well respected in our trapshooting world and to have been given this award and the kind words spoken means so much.

I also want to thank all the persons whom nominated me for the "Coach of the Year Award" I am amazed that you would nominate me and that you believe in me. I am honored indeed. Thank you to all my students! The parents whom believe in our cause and our sport! I look forward to many more years as your coach.

I also would like to congratulate Mr. Jim Sable, of Plymouth Gun Club, Plymouth, MN. on your award as Co-Coach of the year. Jim worked hard for 13 years to bring Trapshooting to MN. High schools as a letter sport! Keep up the good work!

Mark Stevens

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It was a great honor to give Mark his award at the ceremony on Monday evening. As a member of the Buffalo gun club who wears his "ATA Gun Club of the Year" on his hat it was especially great to hear that Mark had received this recognition.

His idea - to hold events for youth and adult novice shooters is exactly what registered shooting needs more of. Any shooter approaches his or her first ATA event with a good deal of anxiety. "Will I know what to do?" "Who will help me with the trip though classification (What's that?) and so on?" "Will I be the worst shooter there?" Admit it - we all asked those questions.

Mark's shoots are specifically designed to help new shooters get through all that. An anxious look is met with a helping hand. Memberships come from good experiences and Mark works hard to provide that good experience.

Once again, Mark, I shake your hand and thank you for all you have done.

Neil

ATA President

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Thank you Neil!

Thanks also to all the shooters in MN. whom have been giving me congrats. We are a small community of very special people! It is nice to know so many are in agreement with what I am doing! It feels right! So appreciated! Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mark stevens trap coach