1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations Luke Beardsley on SCTP selection!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

WAY TO GO, LUKE!!! (And way to go coach Roger!)

---------------

"April 29, 2011
    Congratulations! With your score from the 2010 SCTP National Championships, you have been selected to attend the Scholastic Clay Target Program 2011 Olympic Style Invitational Shoot. We have chosen 24 of the top shooters in the SCTP program for this exciting camp. Here you will experience a true Olympic Spirit. You will be staying at the Olympic Training Center and have the opportunity to meet and dine with not only your camp mates, but athletes and coaches from around the world.

If you don’t know, the range is located at Fort Carson, an active military base"

------------------

Luke has also been excepted into college just this year (and I forgot which one...his dad will have to come on here and tell you). He has worked very hard over the last few years, and everyone at Mason Dixon Claybusters are very proud of him. I remember shooting with Luke the year that I started, and he has come a long way with his efforts.

His dad and mom donate almost all of their after-work hours and a lot of money to promoting the sport through this team, and have brought SO MANY kids into the sport. Their tireless effort is much appreciated by those of us who have had the honor to know them and to become involved with this team. If you know Roger and Marcia, or you know the team, you will know what honorable young sportsmen that are born from their efforts. I really can't say enough good things about them.

2. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Atta boy .....

I will look for Luke during the 2011 Nationals in June, if he is competing, and say hello. Do you know the date of the camp?

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Wow, a kid can come begging for free stuff and cry poverty and people will throw free stuff at him but a kid accomplishes something and only two people can offer a congratulations? That's pretty sad.

Either way, congrats Luke!

4. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Thanks Devi for posting this and all the kind words. The camp Luke has been invited to is the May 2011 SCTP Junior Olympic Development Camp. The camp will be held on May 26-30 at the Olympic Training Center at Colorado Springs. Luke revived his invite for shooting a 198 at the 2010 SCTP National Championships last July. Luke has been accepted into Delaware Valley College and will be perusing a degree in Conservation and Wildlife Management.

As you know, I'm very proud of Luke and all that he has accomplished. He is a very hard working young man and goes out of his way to help others. He really deserves this and I'm going to do every thing in my power to make sure he is able to attend.

Roger Beardsley</br>
    Head Coach, Mason-Dixon Clay Busters</br>
    www.masondixonclaybusters.com

5. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Roger,

As per our conversation last week, I look forward to having Luke come up to Keystone Shooting Park soon to begin his training for the camp. Give me a call and we can set up our schedule to accomodate his needs.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

6. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Fabolicious Luke!! He's a real straight shooter!! I have had the privilege of letting him kick my butt once or twice! LOL

Luvn

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

no one know how to post pictures?

8. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Luke shooting some Olympic trap at the new Keystone Shooting Club</br></br>
    <object width="640" height="390">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ok-oTEfOj_Q&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Luke</br></br> roger8918_2008_03031.jpg

From left to right: Mark, Stephanie and Luke</br></br> roger8918_2008_03032.jpg

9. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Roger,

Thanks for posting the video on YouTube. Marcia did a nice job with shooting the video and it was a pleasure to meet her. It sure was a pleasure to work with Luke on Saturday. He really took the advice and information that I gave him and excelled beyond my expectations. I look forward to working with him again next Monday as he prepares for the SCTP in Colorado Springs in a few weeks. The exposure that he has and will receive will definitely prepare him for the camp and put him in a much better position to excel at the game.

The Keystone Shooting Park facility was built for youngsters like Luke. If this nation is serious about improving its future position in international shooting sports results then we've got to expose the youth to the game and give them a base of excellence to work from in order to obtain these goals.

Once again, thank you and I'll see you both on Monday.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.