1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations, Laura!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buster's mom, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

On Saturday, we all witnessed a wonderful moment. As she has done so many times in the past, Laura Christopher won the Ladies Singles Championship at the Cardinal Shoot. After 48+ years of shooting, she is still at the top of her game. She now devotes most of her time coaching our SCTP team, and only shot at three events this year. I can only hope that my three daughters can follow in her foot steps, and make her as proud as we are of her. GREAT SHOOTING, LAURA !!!!

2. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

One of the most exceptional memories I made at the 2007 Cardinal Classic occured when I was standing in line one morning to cashier the day's event.

In front of me was a distinguished looking female shooter and her young charge, an adorable and very polite 9 year old girl. As shooters often do when we're not shooting, we introduced ourselves and engaged in a casual, enjoyable conversation. I found out my new acquaintance had been shooting for many years but hadn't been shooting much recently and she smiled saying she hoped she remembered how to do it (or something quite humble along that line!).

As we got closer to the front of the long line-up, the little girl suddenly looked up and pointed to a picture amongst the many that were hung ceremoniously along the wall behind the cashiers. "There you are, Laura!", she exclaimed.

Being from Canada I had no idea who my new friend was or why she had earned a place of honour on that wall - I thought perhaps she had once been a Director of the OSTA. So instead of wondering, I asked.

With true grace and humility, she told me she had been inducted into the Ohio State Hall of Fame.

Well Laura Christopher, you are unquestionably one of nicest, most genuine and gracious champions I have had the honour of meeting. There's no doubt in my mind that our meeting, while totally serendipitous, was entirely intended...if for nothing else but to show this new shooter what "greatness" really is.

Congratulations again on your stellar performance at the Cardinal Classic Laura - I watched your shoot off with tremendous admiration & respect. After the kind and sincere words of encouragement you offered me that morning, I'm hoping next time you shoot off, I won't be watching, but I'll be in it with you!

Best always,

Barbara Sheldon,
    Ontario, Canada.

3. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

4. OH Annie Oakley

OH Annie Oakley TS Member

Thank you both for your kind words. Trapshooting has played a role in my life almost since I was the age of "my young charge". The lessons I have learned are many and will last a lifetime. I hope that by working with our SCTP group that I am able to pass some of those lessons on to them.

And Barbara, I do hope we meet on the shoot-off line.

Buster's Mom I'll see you tomorrow and Barbara next year.

Good Shooting,

Laura

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.