1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations John Kirksey PA State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Too Tall, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Congratulations John "Trapman John" Kirksey Non Resident Handicap Champion PA State Shoot.

Robert Houston

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Good shooting Mr.Kirksey,

Bring it on home to Md.

I didn't see you Too Tall,how did you shoot? See ya at the Home Grounds.

Till then,

D.P.Reynolds

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Nice going John.

He also won Singles Non-Res AA with a perfect 200.

Guy

P.S. I noticed he wasn't shooting his trusty 1100 though..... looked like a p-gun.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Wait a minute! What, JK shooing a Pgun? Oh my gosh!

Nice job of shooting in both events :) Now kick some butt in Thurmont.

5. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Rachel Hopkins of MO wins the PA State Singles ChampionshipTitle with a perfect score of 200/200 plus 100/100 in the shoot off.

John Kirksey of MD wins the PA State Singles Championship AA Class with score of 200/200 and 74/75 in the shoot off. Loosing to Rachel.

Rachel was a tremendous opponent. If she sticks with Trapshooting she will be one of the best to ever compete in the sport. We will be seeing a lot of this young lady !

Hit 'em hard,

John

6. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hey Pheasantmaster, I bought an old Perazzi TMX off this site. It has proven to be a very good gun for me. I guess as I have become older I need a faster moving gun with a little quicker lock time. I shot both events using Remington STS Light #8. It was a tough day. Almost all of the great shooters east of the Mississippi River were there. It is a one target world in PA.

Hit 'em hard,

John

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Gret shooting John..you done us all proud here in Md

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Trapman, you should have to live around her

Iam still in shock at you and a pgun having a union.

9. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

John ,
    Nice shooting .. AA Singles and PA. Handicap champion .

Con-grads to you my friend ... Keep it going /
    win12man

10. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hey Calvin, Are you going to be at the MD State shoot this year?

Pheasant Master, Rachel will make it rough living in the MO and KS area for a long time to come if she stays focused on shooting. Of course she will have life issues to deal with such as; school, the world of work and boys. She has a world of natural talent. She is one of the smoothest shooters I've ever seen. No one on the planet is crushing targets any harder and more consistently than she is right now at the 16-yard game.

Vern, I do not know of the gentleman whom you are referring. I always did like shooters who shot Model 12s! He must have lived in northern Maryland, closer to the PA border. I did not start shooting until 1987 and I spent most of the 1990s in New Orleans, Louisiana in the US Navy.

Hey Bernie, I tried to call you, but you must have changed your phone number. Please call me when you can or I will see you in Thurmont.

Hit 'em hard,

John

11. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

D.P. Reynolds. I was on the singles squad with John. I didn't do good on the 1st 100 with an 88 and recovered somewhat on the back side with a 95. My twin sons and I drove up that morning and I had a cup of Joe and a 5hr energy drink. By the time we got up there I noticed that my heart was beating hard and fast and I couldn't stop my hands from shaking. I don't know what caused the fast heart rate and the hand shaking. It could have been getting up before I'm used too and the long drive, the caffeine, I don't know. I didn't want my boys to drive because they're 18 and not experienced long distance mountain drivers. My original plan was to only shoot the back half because by then I'd get some rest, but one of my squad mates convinced that driving 200 miles to shoot 100 wasn't worth it. I'm not making excused because it is what it is but it's hard as hell to shoot that way.

Robert Houston

12. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

TjayE, that stuff and coffee had my heart racing and it was nothing that I could do to slow down, only time.

Robert Houston

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry John ol buddy...not looking like I'll make it...just not doing so hot these days....also, ..everybody please keep Joe Jordan in your prayers

14. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

We'll do Calvin. I hope you get better soon. Shoots are always more fun when you are there.

John

15. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

Hey John, congratulations on some great shooting! Looking forward to catching up with you down the road, definitely Labor Day out east. Good luck and safe travels throughout the rest of your shooting season.

Darryl Hayes

16. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Thanks Darryl. It's always a thrill to see you and your dad. I'm sure you will have a great year.

Hit 'em hard,

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.