1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations Guy Babin!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations to one of my good friends, Guy Babin of Maryland, who won the open D class doubles championship yesterday at the Virginia State shoot. I am sure that Aline and the kids are very proud of you!

Can't wait to see you both next weekend (and the boys, if they are coming). Also, thanks to you and Aline for your support when I needed it most.

luv y'all.

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thank you my friend, it's nice to have your heart-felt support.

Of course you must know that our very gracious Virginia hosts will tell you that open winners don't really count fer squat.

I had a great weekend and we'll repeat the fun in just a couple of days in West Virginny--Aline is ready to go today!

Fred Dague, Steve Sprout,

Watch out my friends the Maryland & Southern PA contingent is on its way. Please save us a spot under the squad board shade tree and a patch of grass down the hill for the tent.

Guy

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Good Shootin Guy,,,,cant wait to go head to head with you and Devi again,,I do think we make each other shoot better,,,will we all be at Westy Hogan??? or ATA east zone???,,,keep it up,,,Bill

4. recurvyarcher

Billy, I will be at the Westy. Give me a call when you get a chance this evening. Watch out...I will try to talk you into coming to W. Va. LOL!!!

5. newcastle

newcastle Member

Nice shooting Guy, I hope it was with the 3200, if not great shooting anyway.

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Devi, Is the W. Va. State Shoot always in Wellsburg? Bill Malcolm

7. recurvyarcher

I think so...it was last year. You coming?!!!! Grab Miss Barbara and bring her, too.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

Congratulations Guy. I saw you all several times this week but it was always as one or the other of us was heading for our shoots so all I could do was wave in passing. As usual Rick and I had my replacement shade tent set up behind bank 4. We will probably be in the same place for the southern zone so stop in and relax a while.

--- Chip King ---

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Congratulations and great shooting Guy! I certainly hope the weather was better than it was on Friday. :) Has anything dried out yet?

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Bob,

Our 3200 all day! I absolutely love my gun and it gets complements everywhere I take her.

Devi,

Billy may be a bit antsy about bringing his Long Island self out to the wild hills of WVA. Maybe our friend Billy can be convinced to attend if you promise to protect him from the critters known to wonder the woods salivating for some citified NY victuals.

Beretta687EEL,

The shoot is in Wellsburg just as last year 10-13Jul. Great place, nice folks, pig roast Sat evening just $2.00 a plate.

C-King,

Sorry we didn't get the chance to chat; I'll look for you next time. Devi told me this weekend I look like a mean ass-hole to others, no wonder I don't have more friends!

Guy

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Gut don't worry Devi was wearing her "game face" every time I saw her so she may not have a lot of room to talk. ;o)

--- Chip King ---

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Guy, you owe me a keyboard for that last comment. LOL I'll know how to find you if I ever get to any of the shoots. Just look for the mean guy. Jackie B.

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Next year is the plan for W. Va. The wife has a close friend in New Martinsville and I can drop her off and come back up for the shoot. Barbara might be interested in traveling with us. Bill Malcolm

14. recurvyarcher

Chip...I saw your name on the board, but for some reason I didn't see you out and about. Will see you next time, though.

Guy Babin, maybe betwixt you n' me we can scare all those critters away from Billy just by starin' down with our mean looks.

Hey, and I wasn't the FIRST one to tell you that you looked mean. And did I ever use any term that sounded like butt hole (or a derivative)? I think it sounded more like boobie-baby (or a derivative).

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Way to go Guy!!

16. J.D.Shaeffer

J.D.Shaeffer TS Member

Great job Guy and many more to follow

17. recurvyarcher

Hey, Bill Malcolm!!!

That sounds GREAT!!! We will have a good time next year, then. I'm sure I will see Barbara at the Grand this year, though. Are you going?

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Congrats my friend. A task well done :)

Now I have never thought of Guy as "looking mean".... In fact I'm sure there are some "good ole boys" that might think he was cute.... Maybe even "Queen" material..

Now Guy I wouldn't be to worried about old 682LINY and the wildlife.. There never has been a better facsimile of "ole sasquatch". In fact, ILNY may become the new legend of them thar hills should he ever attend.

19. laura!

laura! Member

Guy, I guess this means that now I'm gonna have to be your trap caddy. Congradulations and good shootin!

20. recurvyarcher

P-man...I'm pretty sure that Billy has a critter at home that will do her best to keep him from becoming a legend in West Virginia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.