1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CONGRATULATIONS .. BILLY CRAWFORD !!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Any time someone runs a 100 straight in any of the events its good shooting.

When they are jr shooters its even better. Congrats to Billy!

Bill

2. badminton

badminton Member

Good shooting Billy. Best of luck for the rest of the shoot.

Kelly

3. shaner

shaner Member

great job billy keep on hammerin away ,

4. bonedoc

bonedoc TS Member

CONGRATS BILLY!!!!!
    Great shooting in the doubles and the singles championship!!!
    Your the best!
    Lets go fishing!
    bonedoc

5. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

I've seen some stories printed concerning Billy and his dad on here recently. I had the pleasure of meeting Billy and his folks this week. They seemed to be very nice people. We shot close to them most of the week and he is a very good shooter. When he puts the unsingle barrel on his K-80 it looks longer than he is. I saw him miss about 3 lefts in a row from post three in doubles today and he was disappointed but very professional and demonstrated maturity beyond his years....all 14 of them. Well done.

Shoot well,

Jim

6. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

oldgunsmith, define , " deranged "

7. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Congrats Billy on the shooting. I shot singles the squad behind you in the championship. (Tall, skinny guy you met in Sparta). What you are doing is incredible. Congrats again! Oldgunsmith, I don't know you, but calling someone deranged isn't the best. I know you have the freedom of speech, but there is a time and place for everything. I will say this if you want to call Bill deranged do it to his face. He is not hard to find, and I am sure ya'll could work things out. I talked with Bill on Saturday. We talked about what was going on. He told me alot. Please don't believe what you read until facts or facts. I know there has been some issues, but calling someone deranged is a low blow. Matt

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

He did it on a 2 man squad !!!....in doubles!! aye yi yi !!!...Uncle Sam, Pa.

9. biff

biff Active Member

Congratulations Billy! If you haven't got your Grand Slam, you've got to be very close, I hope you get it done this summer! Super job! Biff

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I was on the same squad as Matt also the next squad behind Billy and all I can say is you didn't have no problems on telling if he broke the birds or not because they was smoke balls most of the time.

Who says you got to be tall to play sports.

Good shooting Billy

Foggy

11. King Stugen

King Stugen TS Member

BILLY IS MY HERO! Congratulations on a great week

Stef

12. King Stugen

King Stugen TS Member

BILLY IS MY HERO! Congratulations on a great week

Stef

13. Sam M

Sam M TS Member

That is good shooting. Congratulations!

My only question is why did he have to tap the microphone everytime he changed stations. I was watching him shoot and noticed that everytime he changed stations, he would mess with the unit until a pair was thrown. Is this a common practice?

14. hagar85

hagar85 TS Member

Billy has been warned several times in Fla. about this behavior, and I thought he had stopped it. It is the duty of the scorekeeper or line ref to issue the warning. The best way os for the scorekeeper to switch the mikes off while shooters are changing stations. Too bad a shooter with such great potential has so many problems, and has learned so many ways to gain an unfair advantage.

15. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Jerry, So much for keeping this a positive thread and not about the past!Billy has an enormous amount of talent !
    Rooferbob

16. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Everybodies got an opinion just like they have an _ _ _hole.I've heard good and bad about this and don't really have an opinion either way. The kid has a real talent!

17. Sam M

Sam M TS Member

Who said anything about the past. I watched Billy shoot his 100 straight and tap the mic this weekend. I haven't even heard of Billy before then and have never heard anything about his father. I was asking if this was a common practice and why he had to do this. Nothing negative here. As a matter of fact I still think this is great shooting even with what I saw.

I will ask again, why does he do this and is it common practice?

Maybe those who are so quick to defend have something to hide????

18. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

I camped next to Billy and his father at the GLG, and shot HDCP with him on one squad, until he got PUNCHED to the 27 after tying Phil Kiner! I have nothing bad to say about him or his father---both were extremely pleasant, and the kid was completely respectful. JMO...Tom Strabavy

19. 1Trapshooter1

1Trapshooter1 TS Member

Sam, if he was leadoff it was most likely to see a pair so he knows where the first bird is coming out.

20. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Good shooting Billy!

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.