1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CONGRATS WADE CONN MO FALL HCP CHAMPION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Trapshooters, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Trapshooters

The Trapshooters TS Member

Our heartfelt congratulations go out to Sub Jr Wade Conn, 14 years old from Sandy Hook, KY for winning the Missouri Fall Handicap Championship with a 99 from the 20.5. Wade is a fine young man who was introduced to the sport of trapshooting in the SCTP program back in 2007. His first registered targets were a 100 16's at the Ky State Shoot on July 04, 2007 where he broke a 93, not too shabby for a beginner. He went on that year to shoot 200 16's at the grand where he broke an 86 and 94. He was hooked.

The following year he was enticed by the handicap competition. On June 29, 2008, right before the Ky State Shoot, he decided to try his hand at it. He broke an 82 which put a temporary damper on aspirations to compete in handicap events. Sitting around the clubhouse and listening to seasoned trap shooters relive the tales of past accomplishments didn't fall on deaf ears. This young man took it all to heart as the mystic, competition and intrigue of trapshooting further set its' hooks!.

After the STCP competition at the Ky State Shoot this year, he was so excited and enamored by the camaraderie and atmosphere he decided to return and shoot his second 100 lifetime registered handicap targets. HE DID NOT PLAY A PENNY IN OPTIONS AND BROKE 100 TO EARN 1 1/2 YARDS !!!!!! This young man was walking on air!!!! By this time, our club had taken him under our wing and everyone was encouraging and mentoring him. His mother agreed to let him travel to Linn Creek, MO with a group of eight from our club. He got to meet Leo one night at our condo and was in awe. We had already started calling him "Little Leo". He could be such a good shot at times that we all encouraged him to play it all on Sunday's handicap.

Now we all know that KY has a reputation for sandbaggers, but in fact they exist across the country. These target managers make it a rough row to hoe for when someone with Wade's talent comes along and gives it their all every time they hit the line. Believe you me, he breaks every target he can every time he hits the line. He can't wait to hit the revered back fence to stand among legends!! So, whatever you do, don't call this young man a sandbagger!!!!!

The SCTP was envisioned to infuse our sport with new blood. Don't think that some of these talented youngsters won't clean you clock as they make their way to the back fence. That is part of the game and if you can't take the heat......stay out of the kitchen!

Again Wade, that was some mighty fine shooting. The calmness and confidence you exhibited in the shoot off was way beyond your years. These other shooters should dread you, because you have an innate talent that cannot be learned!!! Way to go Little Leo!!!!

Phillip & Sallie Jo Nickell
    Rowan County Sportsman's Club
    Morehead, KY 40351
    606-794-3237

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

praise jesus, it's a *miracle*

3. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I want to congratulate young Mr. Conn for his victory at Missouri. Looks like we are developing another great shooter here in KY. Also, a plug for Phillip and Sallie Jo, they run a great little club at Rowan County. My only problem is eating Sallie Jo's giant burgers makes me want to snooze instead of shoot.

Charlie

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

buzzy,

They do start'em young up there.

ss

5. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

And a 50 in the shoot off 2 win, good shooting.

Aaron Holguin

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Congratulations young man!!!!

7. The Trapshooters

The Trapshooters TS Member

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Who did he shoot off against ?

9. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Wade called me last night to tell me the news, I want to give him another big congratulations. I am honored to be able to shoot with Wade and to have him as a friend.

Dillon Horn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.