1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats on 25,000 and Happy Birthday, Coach!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

What better way to spend your birthday than breaking your 25,000th singles target on the same day as one of your best buddies broke his 25,000th doubles target? Congratulations to both you and Smitty for a job well done at Buffalo Gun Club's Memorial Weekend Event on Monday, May 31, 2010. I, for one, am relieved the run for the milestone is over. Shooting 700 targets a day was getting a little weary but still fun! Thanks so much to Wally Shelstad and everyone at BGC for making the day one to remember, and especially for the delicious cake. I had three pieces!

Happy 39th birthday, Coach, from your most grateful student. You deserve the absolute best today so, naturally, I'll be grilling a hamburger with tons of fried onions for your supper. Dessert will be negotiated later.

Calamity

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

My dearest CalamitySJ, You are talking directly to a red blooded american, (early middle aged) Carnavor. A hamburger with fried onions is desert!

Thank you to all the fine shooters that attended Buffalo Gun Club over the weekend. I have an amazing group of friends and fellow shooters, some whom I have not seen in a long time, were at Buffalo yesterday. I am so happy to have been able to share my 25,000th target with my wife, family and friends. I must say that I have not shot a round in my life that was so emotional as this one. My head was with my family, my late father, my friends behind me laughing and having a great time and my fellow shooters throughout the whole round. I gave away two targets to fantastic memory's, and yes one was to a teary eye, but I did break the magic target. What can get better than a day, at your favorite range with 40 or 50 friends, fun, new comers and youth shooters, shoot your targets and enjoy a beautiful Minnesota day! Nothing I can remember, although my mind is slower now.

I made many more new friends this week end in Detroit Lakes and Walker, Minnesota. What fantastic ranges and new memories. AHHH! The scenery is fantastic and the time was terrific. Thank you!

Ms. CalmitySJ, I know you wish I was younger, but my dear the fact is I am a senior menu age person, whom soon may be on a diet of Mac and Cheese and soups and other soft foods, but I will always act young! Buffalo Gun Club has kept me alive. But you my dear have put the spring in my step, and the twinkle back in my eyes. I thank you for that. Yes, I may act like a newly wed (and at times a kid, but who cares, we are happy having fun and laughing, and most of all enjoying life and shooting together. Full speed ahead.

Salute to all the hard working members of Buffalo Gun Club and to all the attendees this week end. May god smile on all of you until we meet again. Thanks to all for making my day so wonderful.

Special thanks to Mark Smith for pounding out a huge amount of targets with me the last 10 days to reach this milestone.... I owe you a night out! Thank you Connie and Beth for all the hours of target pulling and scoring. Sally, I will thank you later!

Mark Stevens
    A youthful and every humble "Coach"

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach, if you were any younger you'd kill me. You're perfect just the way you are.

Here's our squad from yesterday. My weird stance is because I was getting goosed at the same time the picture was taken--so surprising. What made this squad so fun is that four of the five live in our house, and Ron IS family! Nice that Baby Boy on the right beat you by one bird too, although your 98 was respectable enough, I guess :) Stretch on the far left got her highest score ever, an 88, and was smiles all day long.

It will be tough to beat yesterday.
    calamitysj_2008_301020.jpg

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Glad your ticker is still tockin... Congrats

5. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mark, enjoyed our short visit in D/L on sat. You sure have a wonderful family and congrats on your birthday and 25 Grand milestone Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.