1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CONGRATS MARIAN ASHER ON GREAT SHOOTING AT KY ST

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Trapshooters, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Trapshooters

The Trapshooters TS Member

Our congratulations go out to Marian Asher who shot 2 96's and 1 - 99 handicap at the Kentucky State Shoot last week!! She has only been shooting around 3 years and is really coming along!!! Keep up the good shooting, Marian!!!!!

2. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Good shooting!

Aaron Willoughby

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That is great shooting! Congratulations to that lady! I just looked at the KY handicap scores for her. It shows she shot a 96 from 18.5 and a 99 from that same yardage along with another 96 from 19 on championship day? What am I missing here?

Hap

4. berta686

berta686 TS Member

she broke a 96 in the Hall of Fame hdc that morning and a 99 in the Bristow Memorial hdc. The 96 is a 1/2 yrd and the 99 is a yrd or 1 1/2 yrd. That morning she shot from the 18.5 that afternoon she should have shot from the 19 and sunday she should have shot from the 20.Depending on what yrd she got for the 99 it should have put her at the 20.5 18.5 + 1/5 = 19 + 1 = 20 . Makes u think?????????????

5. berta686

berta686 TS Member

If that is right then that 96 on sunday would be disqualified for shooting on the wrong yardage?

6. berta686

berta686 TS Member

The H.O.F hdcp had 261 shooters,B.M.hdcp had 219 shooters and the K.S.H.C. had 293 just saying ??????? (20yrd by sunday)

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

First off.... Congratulations Marian!!

Second, Hap, you should have started a separate thread for this, not derailed a thread congratulating a shooter on having a good weekend.

As for what happened, it appears that the listings for Event 7 have the yardage posted incorrectly. It shows Marian as having shot from the 18.5 while I believe she shot from the 18.0. Why do I believe this? Because it lists me as shooting from the 23.5 when I actually shot from the 23.0. I earned the punch to the 23.5 in that event with a 96. The link is above, I'm listed under Thomas J Howard.

So, she shot from the 18 in event 7, broke a 96 and got punched to the 18.5. Shot event 9 from the 18.5 and broke a 99, got a punch to the 19.5. And shot event 12 from the 19.5 where she broke a 96 and would have gotten punched to the 20.0.

Nothing unusual, no conspiracies, just an incorrect yardage listed in one of the shoot reports.

Once again,

Congratulations Marian!!

Thomas J (Joe) Howard

8. Hap MecTweaks

TJH, if you read my post, I too congratulated the lady's dandy shooting accomplishments!! As you say, anyone can make a mistake if they are doing anything and that's why I asked if I'm missing something here? I took nothing away from her fine shooting in this congratulatory thread! Sorry guy but you're mistaken about the facts as written and posted on the official shoot site for all to read.

Hap

9. jhoward

jhoward Member

As I stated, the facts as written on that site are wrong. For event 7 it shows that I shot from the 23.5, that is incorrect. I shot from the 23.0 for that event. I got punched to the 23.5 from that event, they are showing the post event yardages. It would appear that is what happened with Marian as well. If she shot event 7 from the 18.0 then all of the other yardages are correct.

Also, the ATA web site has not been updated with the Ky State Shoot scores and it shows her on the 18 yard line.

The yardage shown for Event 7 is incorrect.

10. trapshootinmachine13

trapshootinmachine13 Member

i shot with her actully she shot on the post right beside me and she was just smokin them targets!! good shootin marian!!

DALTON RITCHIE

11. Hap MecTweaks

TJH, only those there and in the know, know! Now we know that the input on the web was wrong.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.