1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats J. Danny Curtis GAH Champ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ky205, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky205

ky205 Member

Great shooting 100 straight.

Harry W.

2. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Congrats and great job!! Seems like with a rabbit getting shot and the big dollar shoot alot of focus was taken away from the "Grand". Anyways you beat all of them. Enjoy it!! Paul Baker

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Great shooting and my sincere congratulations. It's a pleasure to see the average ATA competetor get in there and win the big one. J.Woolsey

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I said it would be a shooter from Kentucky that was going to win the GAH he gets a ring too.

Great shooting

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Congrats Danny!!!!!!!!!

Matt Nicol, now living in Ohio, and i love it (but I still call Wyoming HOME).

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

tough guy to find on ata look up. Someone put up his real name or ATA number please

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Found him, James D Curtis on the shooter info center. Congrats guy, good shooting!!!!

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What was his average in handicaps? Nice job.

9. missed some

missed some TS Member

all that matters with av. is he shot better than everyone else sat. good job

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

21 yarder w/ a 88+% average.

11. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Hey, Danny- Congratulations on your great shooting.Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

For you guys out there who have suggested that Danny is just "another KY sandbagger", or "target manager", let me tell you that it is difficult for many of us who live in somewhat remote parts of KY to get to registered shoots on a regular basis. There are only a few clubs within about 75 miles that even throw registered targets. I moved from California 3 years ago, and it has been difficult for me to get to but a few shoots.

Also, Danny and I shoot games every Friday night at a local club in Pendleton Co.(northern KY). You serious guys know how shooting "games" will adversely affect shooting 100 target events. And I can tell you this. Danny is not under-handicapped at 21 yards. No offense intended to Danny, but he frequently does not break 10 from the 16, 20, and 26 yard bird races, not to mention going back to the "porch" for the shootoffs. Is he what I would call a good shooter? Yes. He has his moments. But week in and week out, he barely gets his entry fees back, if anything. He is an honest, everyday guy, who enjoys shooting, made the trip to Sparta with his son, put his hard-earned money on the line, and all the stars lined up for him. How many of us could hop in the car, drive to the biggest event in the country, and say, "I think I'll break 100 today from the 21". I'm at 26.5 yds(over handicapped, by the way), and I know I couldn't do it. Just my 2 cents.

Dan Maloy

12. SAKO22

SAKO22 TS Member

I have known Danny for most of my life and can tell you that he is just a good ol'working man/country boy that loves to shoot.He works a full time job through the week and also farms and he shoots on the weekends whenever he can.It just goes to show if you want something bad enough and are willing to work hard for it it can happen.Congradulations Danny,it couldn't happen to a better guy. J.Courtney

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My congrats too.

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Congrats on winning the big one. Too bad you didn't qualify for the big payoff. Very good to see someone win the grand who isn't a sponsored shooter a so called professional shooter. This does go to show us all that on any given day we could be the champion and this year you are the champion. Way to shoot. Dan

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I hope you come to the Grand next year and show that ring off.

16. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Great shooting Danny. I hope that you have another "on" day.

Ed Ward, Louisville KY

17. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Congrats Danny!

I like it when a peer wins a big one--it keeps my hopes up and my dedication to improve fueled.

Thanks,

Guy Babin

18. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Congratulations! Wear that ring proudly, this is what the GAH is all about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.