1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

congrats Hap, Stu & Trevor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

100 singles, great job guys! Hap did you use the new Big Bore barrel? PS, Nice Job on the 99 joe90t. Great job Stu on your 100 also.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Way to go you guys. I see that Trevor has 100 in each of the last 2 Singles events.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Great shooting fellas. That neck must be feeling pretty giid there Hap.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Congrats too two gentelman. Great Shooting!

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!!

I have 600 total targets with my new ProSoft stock as of today! Of that total targets I shot, not a single shot has caused me any neck pain at all!! Pains I've tried shooting with for years!! The new stock probably weighs about a pound and a half less than my old stock with added weight! My first singles with the stock was breaking the 100 singles yesterday! Todays events, I had a 93 dbls and a 92 caps which totaled 600 with it. Nothing to write home about but great for me and my new ProSoft! We shoot off the hundred tomorrow in a carry over in the singles championship event. I'm taking two flats of singles bullets in the morning,,,, just in case??

Happy Hap

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sweet!! Good luck tomorrow Hap. Let me know how it goes. Can't wait to see the new stock.

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Wishing Gene Hapney the best of good "Lady Trapshooting Fortune" tomorrow!!!

Get 'em Hap!!!

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Nice shootin' Trevor!!

9. tarheel

tarheel Member

Keep it up Hap,I think you'r on a Roll,same goes for Trevor!

I wonder if some one has made any pics out there!

All the Best to you Guys,
    TH

10. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Congratulations Hap!

Sue

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Congrats and Good Luck, Hap!

Hauxfan!

12. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Congrats Geno Just saw this hope the carry over goes well. Had lunch with Ray &Pat the other day they are well and planing trip to Grand again this year. I hope to make it depends on what the Doc has to say next month.
    Gene I was talking to one of our Olympic shooters who said he was going to a shoot at Tucson soon I did not know that they had bunker there. If you happen to go there when this shoot is on say Hi to him his name is Russel Mark he shoots double Trap(good guy)

Well hope you shoot good for the rest of the Spring Grand. Hope to catch you at the Grand this Year. Subbie aka John Holder

13. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks my friends for all the well wishes but today wasn't my day for shooting. I felt fine till my first shots and I'd run out of luck for my pain free shooting. I struggled to break a 92 the first hundred when it was calm and a 96 for the second hundred after the winds picked up! 6 events of pain free shooting is the most I've had in years and I owe that to using the ProSoft. I'll hafta rethink my plans for our state shoot once I feel up to competition again. I may have to pass on tomorrows handicaps depending on how I feel in the morning, we'll see.

Thanks again my friends!

Hap

14. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Hey Hap, tell me more about that new ProSoft, as you know I have always shot with a Soft Touch. But I am very interested in the ProSoft. Sounds like you have been breaking them well. Are you still only shooting an ounce of shot and smoking them like it was an ounce and a quarter?
    Don

15. Hap MecTweaks

Don, the ProSoft is the best felt recoil reduction system imaginable and I've tried several over the years! Yes, I still shoot my one ounce wonders but I did shoot one caps event using Rem.Nitro27s @ 1-1/8th of 7-1/2s. I wasn't able to shoot the main handicaps Sunday though, too much neck/back pain. I've found that making the correct point is the most important aspect of whether to use 1 ounce or a full blown load at trap distances for me. My puny loads allow me to point more accurately more times but those that can stand the heat, stand closer to the fire with more fuel!

John H., yes I'll be there for the try outs and make a point of looking up Russel Mark and introduce myself! I do hope to see, visit with you at the Grand this year also! Say hello to Ray&Pat for me please?

Thanks to all my friends for the best wishes, maybe my turn next time? Shooting the 600 targets without a single shot hurting my neck was amazing to me! It's been a lot of years since I could do that, thanks to Phil&Nate's super stock making abilities and I thank both of them also!!

Gene Hapney

16. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Thanks Lou, that 99 was the best i could do all week.In the 200 Sat. the first 100 was a struggle for 94 but the 2nd 100 seemed fairly smooth for that 98. Sure is dumb to miss 2 the first trap then run the rest!!!!. Doubles is usually my game but, last week i must have been playing in another Town. I sure enjoyed visiting with Hap last week, He is A fine gentleman and a GOOD shooter. Joe Whitehurst joe90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.