Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congrats DonM

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  StonewallRacing 
#1 ·
Congratulations to Don Mittag on winningthe 2012 WI State Doubles Championship. With this great win, I hear that DM has changed his tune and that the WGC is his FAVORITE club now in WI !!!!

#2 ·
Over the last 35 plus years that I have shot there I have shot some very good scores. I really don't have a problem with the CLUB so to speak. I do have a few minor problems with some other things there that I will not go into. So thank you for your kind words. I first shot the state shoot there in, I think, 1974. Since there I have not missed one. I didn't shoot in 1996 due to having a by-pass 9 days before the shoot. I did however attend.

I would how ever like to make a very sincer statement though. I had the opportunity to really get a close up and personal view of what goes on to hold a state championship. I would like to say that without a doubt Brad Patterson as the tourniment director did an amazing job. The amount of planning is unbelievable. And the shoot went amazingly smooth. So my sweaty hat from the last week is off to Brad. I can't believe the amount of energy you had. I know when I got up to go to Waukesha this morning to clean up and pick up I really didn't want to go back there. When I got there a about 7:30 there you were. So if I have never have said it, and I think I have, thank you for your help the last several years. I can only hope that you will be willing to give me and the rest of the WTA BOD some guidence for our big adventure next year. Your knowledge is and will be very valuble to have a successful shoot next year.

Don Mittag

#3 ·
Truth be told Don, I didn't really want to be there this morning either. It just had to be done. I do thank you for the kind words and really do appreciate it. I also wish to sincerely congratulate you on your State Doubles title. That is pretty cool.

It was pretty sad yesterday as we closed the shoot. Lot of memories and friendships and great and fun times had by many during the last 62 years. Hopefully things go well and we can have 62 and hopefully many , many more in our new home starting next year . I did an interview in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal and I think I hit it best. Yesterday we said goodbye to an old friend (WGC) and next year we'll say hello to a new friend (Rome).

Thank you to all that attended and congratulation to all that won trophies during the week.

#4 ·
DonM:
First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on a memorable win. To win a title at our state shoot is something very special. It could not have happened to a better person who is experienced in all facets of our sport. Don, I tip my hat to you not only for the great win, but for all the years of service that you have given to fellow shooters and our wonderful sport.

Brad: I would also like to take the time to thank you on behalf of all the shooters past and present that have shot in the Wisconsin State shoot. Some times when shoots run well you forget about the number of people who make it possible. Your tireless efforts have not gone unnoticed. Although I do not shoot much anymore due to medical issues, I would like to personally thank you for all you have done while I did shoot.

Take care, Don and Brad, as you are both a credit to our sport.
Steve Balistreri

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.