1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Confused Re DT10 Choke Tubes.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mflora, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mflora

mflora Member

My 1999 DT10 is marked 18.6mm rather than 18.4mm bore and has what appear to be Mobile Chokes. However. the choke tubes are marked "OB" and Briley tells me that they will need to be custom made as they are neither Mobile nor Optima, but a hybrid w/ Mobil threads and Optima diameter/length. Any DT10 shooters out there who can have had this issue and found aftermarket CTs?
    Thanks
    Mark

2. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

there were some of the first guns that had their own chokes. some of the centennial models had these. they are neither mobil or optima like mine.

a quick call to beretta or look up berettausa.com and you will find your answer.

sorry for your luck.

steve.

3. billdennis

billdennis Member

Are they Factory chokes?
    Could have been back bored by someone and they machined new ones..

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This is a rather easy thing to overcome.

Say the bore size for a 18.4mm bore is .724 (nominal). The 18.6mm bore is .732 (nominal). This will add .008 restriction to each mobile choke you use. Examples: IC goes from .010 (nominal) to .018 (Mod is .020 nominal), IM goes from .025 (nominal) to .033 (Full is .035 nominal), etc.... you get the idea. There should be sufficient relief as not to catch the edge of the choke tube, but I'd bore mic the barrel to tube transition to make sure. If you have a mobile choke tube lying around, you can check this prior to usage.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.