1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Confiscation of Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remstar311, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

You didn't even say what happened minus what the title says.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

It's been a while, but in order to bring a gun from Canada to the USA, I believe you need an ATF Form 6, plus a valid hunting license from any state or proof of invitation/registration for a particular trapshoot.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Richard, that was most unhelpful. You're asking for factual input when you don't have any real facts about what happened. We can see you are asking why, but what are the details of the incident? If he's a friend you should be able to get some more info about what happened.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just because he was a little drunk and yelling You can,t take me alive .
    That is no reason to confiscate his shotgun .

5. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

ALF: that is to funny. Birdtracker

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Did the Canadian's take it or the US? It sounds like the Canadians took it for some reason since he is talking about the Canadian laws needing revision.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Be glad it wasn't a K-80 combo. Alf, Alf, Alf.....

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

they took it at the border ?????

Richard What Border US. OR Canada ???
    Had to be a reason ????

Please Please tell us the rest of the story .

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Two FBI agents had to go up to Canada and the guard asked if they had their service guns. They said yes. The Guard said you may not bring them in the counrty. The FBI agents said "WE ARE FBI". The guard said "no your not in our counrty. In our counrty you are guests". They had to leave them at the boarder in a lock box and they could have them returned to them once they left through the same boarder point.

We don't know what really happened with your friend and the guard but if he didn't have his papers in order they will hold the gun till he leaves. If they didn't return his gun means he went through another boarder gate and or he screwed up badly.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

What the Auctioneer said is the truth. if he is a canadian resident and tried to get into the US without proper paperwork then they would have to pick it up on the way home from the border patrol. The canadian border patrol has no sense of humor what so ever. Unless it's letting terrorists into our country or draft-dodgers into theirs. Jeff

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Are you the one in KY or PA? Second, if you don't know all the facts then wait till you do before making a thread. Canada would love for all the guns to go south of their border so why would they take a gun that was going south?????

12. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Richard-

I was not offended my man.

Nick

13. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

We have went back and forth across the border many times fishing. When you approach the booth and see the person, you can pretty much tell what kind of sh&% is coming your way. I have experienced this going and coming. It is either, "Thanks and have a good time" or "Pull over to the side and take the cover off." I think your buddy could have met Mr. Pull Over To The Side.

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

More information on what actually happened needs to be supplied, as we really don't have much to go on.

Either he really messed up or customs did...

15. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

You can never tell about the canadian border. I remember when I was going up to Whistler from seattle in 1999, I was is my suburban (i'm from Tex) and crossing the border, the border guard on the canadian side, wanted to know where my guns were. I said I dont have any guns with me. She said yes you do, you have texas plates and I want to know where your guns are. I finally had to get the main guard to come out. Fortunately I had met him several times before when comming into the country on the Train. Worked for the railroad, and made the trip every few weeks, lots of paper work with each of 110 cars documented. Long sstory short, He streightened the other guard up pronto, but talk about profiling, jeez just because I had tex plates i was hauling arms in their eyes. If I ever go back to canada, I'll try to cross at some place othr than Blain, Wa. They need to standardize what every guard does, and stick to it.

Bob

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There was a nice looking lady (Canadian) at the crossing in International falls. Word was out that hitting on her in the slightest degree got your car disassembled.

I have had anywhere from "have a nice day" to a 3 hour grilling going itno Canada. Nothing ever, coming back.

Why are they so Paranoid about USA folks? The drugs go South, not North.

HM

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Just like haldmile I have had it both ways when going up. Never a big deal comeing back but it has been awhile. Zsome guys are their own worst enemy when it comes to border crossing though. We had a guy lose 10 pounds of walleye fillets because they could not have any idea what they were. we had told this idiot over and over and he just wouldn't listen. Same thing with frozen fish. The guidelines are very specific about how to do it as they are about guns back and forth. Deviate and you can expect the worst. Jeff

18. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

What I do when I read a post/question that fails to give enough ingormation to give an answer, is to ignore it and keep looking for a more interesting thread.

I don't see the value of sarcasm or cute remarks.:)

I do agree that finding out what the border agents SAID was the reason for the confiscation would be helpful, but if the guy doesn't know, what the Hell?

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

texaszephyr,

That would be profiling if she figured you had a gun because you are from Texas, so where did you hide it ..? lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

I live on the border (Michigan) and cross into Canada several times a year. I see the good guy / bad guy on the US side, with mostly good ones. But, I've never run into a 'have a good day' on the Canadian side. Don't think they are allowed to have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.