1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Confiscation could be an option news article

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-on-gun-control-confiscation-could-be-an-option/

Now if you arent part of the discussion and just say no- the majority in the US will turn against you.

Think of smoking and how for years the smokers just abused the non smokers and said no

In Argentina you cant even smoke on public streets or sidewalks now and it is going to save them 1/3 or 1/2 on their health care costs as a nation.

If you arent part of this discussion and dont help to come up with a solution of sorts- guess what? The majority will look at their rights to be heard and to be safe as being ignored

I like AR platform guns personally and I have used them since 1970 but I do think we need to regulate who can get one- with a training requirement and maybe more- I would like mandatory national service as in Switzerland or Israel

If the majority is told to shove it- this picture is not going to turn out favorably for us. They have rights also

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Gene-a-ling somehow has deluded himself into thinking that the majority of the country wants more useless gun laws added to the 20,000 already in existance. This makes about as much sense as his lonely call for manditory service.

Those suffering from senility shouldn't be allowed to own anything more dangerous than a rubber band. Sorry Eugene, no guns for you.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Many will give some, some will give ALL.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Let's give in to the ACLU and put more mental defectives out on the street.

(It is damn near impossible to get someone into treatment involuntarily)

That way anyone wanting to be safe can go to an asylum.

HM

5. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

"In Argentina you cant even smoke on public streets or sidewalks now and it is going to save them 1/3 or 1/2 on their health care costs as a nation."

Love how the Left always claims great savings due to their programs, laws, and controls on people.

Please remind me how much smaller our total government spending per capita is today than it was fifty years ago due to all the Left's program's savings.

No two government sources give the same answers (call the IRS with a tax question), but one source says government spending is up over 300% in real terms since I was born. That's probably a gross underestimate.

Anyone recall how many additional government employees we're adding per day since Obama took office ?

6. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

We've added more than 100 new Federal empoyees per day since BOH took office.

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Rick Barker...If the media says gun owners share the responsibility for Lanza's murders doesn't that make Obama and Holder repsonsible for the murder of border patrol agent Brian Terry. And...aren't Obama and Hillary sharing in the blame for the Bengazi embassy murders? ed nichols

8. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

Well said Rick

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

#1) Will Obama use Executive Order to call for gun confiscation?
    The majority of those answering this question told me they did not believe Obama would call for outright gun confiscation. One detective told me, "Obama will probably try to roll out an incremental restriction similar to the '94 Clinton assault weapons ban." He would then wait for another mass shooting and use that event to ratchet up the restrictions, I was told.

Only two of the eight people I questioned thought that Obama would call for outright gun confiscation, and one of those believed it would only be a restriction on so-called "assault rifles" but not shotguns or handguns.

Everyone believed that Obama would at minimum call for restrictions on weapon magazine capacity, most likely seeking to limit that to ten rounds per magazine (which is also the current limit in California). I was also told that Obama might attempt to federalize mandatory waiting periods for gun purchases, which already exist in some states but not all.

#2) Will you enforce gun confiscation against the citizens?
    On this issue, the answer was resounding and unanimous: NO!

The retired police captain told me that, "Door-to-door confiscation by men and women in blue [i.e. city cops] would be a suicide mission." If ordered to conduct such gun confiscation actions, many would simply resign on the spot rather than risk their lives in firefights with determined gun owners, he explained. "Our officers are not generally willing to assume the increased risk of such a police action."

He also explained, importantly, that most police officers have not even been trained to conduct sweeping, community-level weapons confiscation programs. "This goes against all our community outreach efforts where we try to earn the trust of the community." If cops suddenly became gun confiscation enforcers, trust would break down and policing would become extremely difficult, he explained.

The USMC veteran told me that some of the younger soldiers would go along with gun confiscation if ordered, but that nearly all the older military personnel would likely refuse such orders, even at risk of a court martial. "Some of the guys actually talked about this on deployment. The E-1's might follow those orders but most of us who managed to stay alive through a couple of tours are too smart for that. You'd have AWOL out the ass. We didn't sign up to engage Americans as enemy combatants. The answer would be F*%K NO all the way up the chain of command."

One of the police detectives explained another reason for saying no: "There is no love for gun confiscation in law enforcement. We're all gun owners and most of us grew up with guns, hunting, target shooting or just collecting. Most of us have gun collections when we're off duty, and Obama himself isn't well liked across law enforcement. There's no way police officers are going to put their lives on the line to go along with an order from a President who really doesn't have moral authority among cops."

When I asked what if Bush had called for gun confiscation, and would cops be more likely to comply if the order was given by a Republican, the reply was, "For some guys, yes, because they will listen to a Republican more than a Democrat, but still for rank-and-file officers who are just here collecting a paycheck for a risky job, they're no way they're going to engage in what is basically a war action just to keep that job. You can't pay them enough to pull that kind of duty, gun confiscation."

I was told by more than one person in this group that any effort by Obama to invoke gun confiscation could lead America to civil war if any real effort were made to enforce it.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038391_gun_confiscation_executive_orders_cops.html#ixzz2FoON8gLt

[​IMG]

Jerbear

10. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Obama would probably use the national guard if he were to try confiscation.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I doubt if that would work either a lot of them own personal weapons too

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I hunt with several local National Guard members and I'm friends with several more. It wouldn't happen. They would be asked to turn on their own families and friends and it just simply won't happen. That goes for the overwhelming Military men and women in the other branches.

The Oath that these men and women take which states "....... and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States....." has some limits that even they won't cross.

13. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

Well finally it happened, one of my neighbors asked my in his typical attitude-"why do you need all those guns?". I thought my blood pressure was going to explode-I just talked him point blank-NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!. I don't owe you an explanation but I will tell you this-they were bought and are owned legally period!! Did not say another word-the other people just smiled.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thank goodness all my neighbors are gun owners. Well except for the little old lady down the street. Then again, I wouldn't put it past her. She's a real pistol.

15. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Gene,

Let us take your argument to its logical extreme: BAN all cars and trucks....make everyone ride a bike....think of the ozone benefits....think of the aerobic health benefits.....while you are at it, BAN all livestock....grow mealworms and organic vegetables....people are allowed one child per family (too many people in the world)....BAN all fossil fuels....live in communes (no one has the right to their own house)....etc.

Or, maybe, it is just easier: Gene, move to North Korea......

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Gene just needs to get back on his meds I mean really his rants are getting much longer this time

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They won't confiscate guns. Just make the mags illegal to own or the guns themselves. It will be up to the gun owner to turn them in or become a felon.People will roll over and take it just like they did down under when there took the guns away.

As time goes by, they will send out letters to all the people who filled out Brady paperwork just reminding them that the guns need to be turned in ETC ETC.

It will never be the big blood bath in the street with a thousand little show downs at peoples homes.

The non-gun owning public wants this. So does the President. It will happen. It's just a matter of when and under what circumstances.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Fortunately I don't own any guns- that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

19. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm burying mine. Hey Rick, it is after 5-time for a Texas Toddy!

20. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Guns.... What guns.....I dont know what you is talkin bout obozo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.