1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CONFEDERATE CURRENCY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KRK32, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I know some one with some confederate paper money they are trying to sell. My problem is there is more fakes than original and i am hoping someone here might have dealt in this before and know what to look out for in genuine and fake notes. I tried google and didn't understand what the fake serial number lists meant compared to a real ones. Maybe someone can help. Thank You Kirk

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hang onto them. By the time Obama is done, they're be worth more than US money.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Every old southern family has some of that money. My dad used to have a wad of it. Dam if I know what happened to it.

4. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Save your Confederate Money for the "South will rise again"!!!

eak...

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

If you hold it up to the light you can see a picture of Robert E Lee..lol..

6. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Kirk,
    As with anything in the last couple of years, collectible market has also taken a big hit, not as bad as most markets but a hit none the less. As far as Confederate currency. The vast majority of Confederate States of America currency was printed in Columbia, S.C. They were printed on plates but all were hand signed and each serial number was also hand written. If I remember, when I go to work, I will check in our library and send you the name of the book that is considered the one to use for the authinicating and value of CSA currency. Many bills were printed in series and thus the serial numbers are not sequential. As far as value, the vast majority goes for twice the face value but there are certain rare pieces that will bring 50-100,000.00.

Van

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Brian, you beat me to it. Durn.

HM

8. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

What Allen-MX8 said.

9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Kirk, Go to google and look up Grover Criswell. He died a short time ago, but wrote many books on Confederate currency.. As far as I am concerned, he was an AUTHORITY on Confederate paper money. Larry Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.