1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Concerned about the Direction of this site

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lew, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lew

Lew TS Member

Over the last several days there have been some threads that are pushing the limits and excedding the limits of the rules of this private site. The use of derogerty terms about messangers of a major corporation towards a major retailer is not our fight. Yes we as comsumers can protest but when name calling surfaces "We" lose all credibility as a group through the action of 1 person. The other issue within that thread is the way people accept the words and they think some of us need a thicker skin. Not when it comes in those terms like that. In a work environment the person would be let go on the spot.I believe we as a group are better then the actions of a few but lets get them out before they ruin it for the rest of us. Imagine if the media gets a hold of the thread and I can see it now "Racist gun owners on popular site" we are toast.
    The other post about a controversal figure who is Black is very poor and the addition threads go into a politically incorrect direction very quickly. Yes we don't like the man but stop at that and don't go into a racist rant again the media would view us as a "Camo Redneck" real fast.
    Gentelman and Ladies lets post as responsible people and not were the powers to be come to look at us as a bunch of jerks. I hope we as a group will respond in a positve manner and no resort to name calling and show what we are really made of, The Right Stuff

2. laura!

laura! Member

Does spelling count?

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

7.62nato, you need to find the site that is called "I'M A BLEEDING HEART LIB". You will not find your kind here. We tell it like it is. We call it like we see it. We don't sit down with flowers on the table or serve them drinks and talk softly to them.

4. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

7.62nato...Appealing but it will never fly. Many, I repeat, many of the posters on this site like it because they can, in many cases, vent their frustrations. It would probably be too boring for most of them to handle and they would hunt another site. The freedom David allows us (within reason, to bring up and discuss different topics) is why the site is so successful.

Ride Easy

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

There are a variety of reasons why we should be more responsible for the conduct of ourselves and others on this site. The bottom line is, the public at large can view and copy threads on this site. It does, in fact, reflect negatively on the sport and each of us individually when discourse becomes racist, homophobic or irresponsible in a variety of ways. There are limits to behavior regardless of the setting. Personally, I do not abide by rude, disrespectful talk in my gym, on the firing line or in my home. I am sure the silent majority of you agree.

I would encourage David, and those he has delegated censure right to, to monitor the site as closely as time allows and delete threads which go over any limit they choose to set. I agree to limiting my free speech every day in many settings...I certainly will agree to it here.

I have been on this site for 5 or 6 years. I enjoy it very much and do not want to see it go away. Let's talk trap and related topics. Let's not talk crap about each other, public figures or issues which serve no purpose on a site dedicated to trap shooting.

Jon Schorle, Sacramento, CA

6. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

Howdy,

I'm one of the individuals who seemed to be banging my head against the wall (along with 7.62nato) when trying to get people not to post Ethnic Slurs, Profanity, etc.

I don't care if you are a closet racist, just keep it to yourself and off a public forum where every anti-gunner can use our own words against us!

People on this site in particular seem comfortable using language they would never use on the range, at home, or at a social gathering. Why here? Just because you can be anonymous means you can use this forum to vent like Archie Bunker on Crack?

I participate on many firearm sites, this is the only one I know of that lets the language and personal attacks get so out of line.

I've reduced myself to just opening the actual threads relating to shooting to avoid people posting like either 12 year olds who discovered a new dirty word or the David Duke mutual admiration Society!

7. silverado

silverado TS Member

sic em Garg

8. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Hipshot going PC? That does it, I'm going to skeeters.com. Those guys act like a bunch of Klan loving, redneck, drunken Teamsters!

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

aafan, how about it 7 1/2's or 8's.

10. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Hipshot 3, HOW DARE YOU LEAVE MY NAME OUT OF THE LIST YOU LITTLE TOAD. HELL I'M ONE OF THE GOD DAMN TROUBLE MAKES HERE TO. AS FOR THE NAME SPOOK LET IT ALONE. IF THEY DON'T OR THEM DON'T LIKE IT WELL SOOOORRRYYYY. Just yanking your chain.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Mike.....You is a brave man! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

Ban aafan and everything will be fine. He's just a racist troublemaker who claims to be Jewish.

13. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

PerazziBigBore,
    If you ever get to New England let me know. You are welcome at my club anytime!

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Please fill out the proper form in triplicate... <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/January%2007/?action=view&current=HurtBabyreportMedium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

7.62nato you want people to respect everyones Race and Ethnic back ground and you start a new thread so you can have your say. You than say "Gentleman and Ladies lets post as responsible people and not were the powers to be come to look at us as a bunch of jerks." My question is don't you think by bringing up this type of thread all over again and inviting those that will say what ever they wish to say. A platform to throw more Racial and Ethnic slurs on the public forum for all to see?

In my view if you really cared about what the "Powers that be" think you would let sleeping dogs lie and not bring this subject up again. I also feel that if you were really concerned about what light the the anti's see the Trap shooting comunity you wouldn't feed their thoughts about your own opinion "Imagine if the media gets a hold of the thread and I can see it now "Racist gun owners on popular site" we are toast."

This statement is just my own thoughts on this post. I believe this post is just your way of dealing with your thoughts on your own Race.

Bob Lawless

17. nicky

nicky Member

I see both sides of the issue. Easy fix ; those offended , just like your tv in your house when you don't like what is on, take your finger and ( CLICK ), there you go, now you don't have to read it. I myself enjoy reading and posting and if the subject matter isn't to my liking I move on as anyone can do. So if others have to use Trap Shooters.Com as a means to judge others and the sport of trap shooting, well then in my opinion they have bigger problems than what is on this web page.

Kevin

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wonder what George Orwell would think about self-censorship in order to appease the unappeasable?

19. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

DB BILL, Well said. J.Woolsey

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you want to know where the site has gone read the new disclaimer at the bottom of all the threads.

7.62 haven't you learned?? You not entitled to have an opinion. That right only belongs to those that are trashing you. Just wade through the trash as there are still some good people on the site even though they are getting fewer every day.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.