1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Concentrate"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BigBruno, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

I try to concentrate on non trapshooting things while on the line. You could say I shoot from instinct. I use to shoot low to average scores. I was trying "too hard"! I was thinking things like: (keep your head down, shoot where you look, one bird at a time ect.) Well I finally decided to shoot from instinct and think about something else. I've shot over nine 100 straights since the change last year. I think about my labs, and the hunting season. I remain in a relaxed state throughout the shoot. Initially the change was a difficult transition. Now it's second nature, and it's my call that triggers my harmoneous shooting state. Some people have said "who do you think you are, Big Jake"? I say no "Big Bruno". They ask because when I call for the bird I say simply "Dog". Hey.... works for me. Good Luck!

2. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Booker, just start trying to pull the trigger before the bird hits the ground. That should help some. Pat, I think you're confused. Concentrate comes before both of those words. If you find yourself constipated, keep at it.