1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

concealed carry

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smifshot, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

I heard Tom Gresham(sp) say today that a Tenneessee newspaper(Commercial Appeal) has listed on its website the names of people who have concealed carry permits. According to him, they list the name, age, address and more about concealed carry permit holders. I have tried the website and cannot find the list. Maybe someone here can shed more light....stroker

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

At this time, such info is a matter of public record. There are pending bills that will make such info confidential, and illegal to access or publish.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

A couple of radio stations have put the owners and officers info out giving out their addresses as well. The paper, putting out info like this is putting the CCW's homes and family's at risk,,,,government info isn't always good!!!!!!!!!!!

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Hey Bigdog we dont have that kinda info here in Texas DO WE ?????????

Thats puts people at risk as you said.

WesleyB

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find a link to this. I recently read it somewhere, and on that same site, the mods posted all of the gov't board members' names, address, phone number, license plate numbers, etc.

I'll keep searching.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Click the link above to read about the newpaper's listing

This link here....http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17281&page=16...has the list.

Joseph Pepe, President and publisher
    3195 Wetherby Cv S
    Germantown, TN 38139
    901-737-8784
    901-529-2205
    Home Property Tax Information

Steve Tomb, VP of Operations
    1846 Wildcreek Cv
    Collierville, TN 38017
    901-529-2446

Chris Peck, Editor
    21 Belleair Dr
    Memphis, TN 38104
    901-276-8314
    901-529-2390
    Chris Peck's Facebook Page
    Wife, Kathleen Facebook Page
    Son Cody Peck's Facebook Page
    Daugher Sarah Peck's Facebook Page

Otis Sanford, Editor/Opinion & Editorials
    3396 Park Ave
    Memphis, TN 38111
    901-529-2447

Eric Janssen, VP of Digital Media
    8996 Stratfield Cv
    Germantown, TN 38139
    901-358-7007
    901-212-3597, Cell
    901-529-2480

Scott Sines, Managing Editor
    2136 Wentworth Ln
    Germantown, TN 38139
    901-529-5843

Daniel Moehle, VP/Chief Financial Officer
    3172 Devonshire Way
    Germantown, TN 38139
    901-757-5911
    901-529-2210

Karl Wurzbach, VP of Sales and Marketing
    3098 Bentwood Run Dr
    Collierville, TN 38017
    901-529-2640

Robert Jiranek, VP of New Business Development
    175 Waring Rd
    Memphis, TN 38117
    901-251-1810
    901-529-6525

Bob Pinarski, Advertising Director
    3961 Herons Landing Ln
    Arlington, TN 38002
    901-867-5294
    901-529-2250

Denise Holman, Manager of Classified Advertising
    720 Litty Ct 103
    Memphis, TN 38103
    901-529-2216

Paul Jewell, Marketing Director
    1439 Vance Ave
    Memphis, TN 38104
    901-272-1458
    901-529-2219

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Here's how it works. The scum liberals don't like CCW so they try to throw a wrench in the works. They feel that the CCW holders will either be "harassed" or have a gun stoen from their home. That way they point to the "VIOLENCE" that CCW brings. It dosen't matter a rats butt to the scum liberals that they might put the carry holders(and their families) at risk! Sorry excuses for human beings! One more reason to hate liberals!!!!!

8. capvan

capvan Active Member

I don't need any more reasons....

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

WesleyB, that won't happen in Texas.

Gne J

10. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

In 2005 the Texas Legislature passed and the governor signed into law prevention of access to that information except by law enforcement.

Bill on the books this session to allow CHL holders to secure their firearms in their vehicles without fear of dismissal at work.

I love living in Texas!!

Jack Burch

11. trap906

trap906 Member

i believe the 2nd amendment gives anyone the right to cary or keep any firearm any time any where. however our government officals seem to think it's up to them how a person exercises our right. to this I say "BULLSHIT"....People I think this concealed carry thing is just a way to track law abiding gun owners. the 2nd amendment says nothing about concealed or not. To get this permit i have to pay to get the state to do a background check, the same one that every gunshop has to do every time i buy a gun, the government does it for free!! the same thing any police officer can do for free anytime. then i have to go listen to some lame instructor give a class that I'm sure most confident shooters know more about than the average instructor. and guess what, yep i have to pay this guy! then I get to pay the state, to have the permit, and still its up to my local sherrif if I can have the permit or not.... now looks to me like the government created themselves a little business venture that the taxpayers and gun owners can pay for. ... I'll carry a gun anytime, anyway I want to, and I'm don't pay to do it.... thanks for listening, but come on people..think about it!!!! Rob in Arkansas

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Don't think anyone who has the opportunity for a CCW should be doing too much crying.....Try Illinois and Wisconsin, the two last holdouts against CCW.

If you think there is too much information available out there, you ain't seen nothing yet. Google someone, then look at the popups you get...you can, for a buck or two, find out a person's income, home value, etc.

We got a flyer from Krogers the other day with coupons in it based on "our records of your frequent purchases" from credit card receipts. We use the card to amass points toward gas discounts and pay it off clear every month...before you accuse us of contributing to the credit crisis....but here is one more instance of our lives becoming more public through the wonders of the electronic banking/paying system.

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

'post in their yard "Protected by Smith & Wesson"!'

Why advertise? You're not home 100% of the time. Burglars like to steal guns.

14. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

A year or so ago, I had a pickup truck for sale, so I listed it on the classified section of Michigan gun owners forums and I included my address in case anyone wanted to drive by for a look-see.

Several of the other participants of MGO told me that divulging my home address was dangerous because a burgler might connect the fact that I was a contributor to a gun oriented forum and conclude that I probably had guns to steal.

I responded by saying that if a burgler was reading my posts, he should be warned that I do indeed have guns in the house and I am quite competant in the use thereof and if the potential burgler was looking for an opportunity to get his balls shot off, here was his chance....

In short, I have a CCW and I don't care who knows it.....but that's just me.

15. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Go to the NRA website and find the letter to the editor in the scroll from the NRA. Good reading. When OHIO passed their CCW law some Sherrifs gave their whole list to some reporters and some rags published them. Well the law got changed so that a repoter can see the lsits now but cannot write anything down or get a copy. Better but not the way it should be. Bill

16. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, I think we should just end all concealed carry - it's much more effective to openly display your weapon and if we all did, there'd be a lot more politeness, eh?.....Bob Dodd

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bob,,,,it also makes you a #1 target in a robbery per se.

[​IMG]

I wonder if the libs would like info like this to be "publically" know about them?????

18. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I don't like that having a CCW can potentially prevent you from getting a job. I used to work at a good sized company where the HR manager had bought into the whole "guns are bad" nonsense. She once tried to prevent me from hiring a well qualified CAD Designer because his drawing portfolio included detailed drawings of a gun. I explained to her that: a) guns are legal; b) it was a paintball gun; and c) it's better than an applicant showing me the confidential drawings he swiped from his last employer. She said she understood, but still thought it was best to "keep the company and its employees safe from unstable gun nuts." I went over her head and hired the guy, and informed the HR nitwit that I was a lifelong gun collector and that I didn't appreciate her ignorance and prejudice. The fact remains, however, that I myself would never have been hired there if she had known I was a "gun nut." It's hard enough finding a good job these days without having to deal with unfair, ignorant discrimination like that. Keep in mind that if I hadn't hired the guy he would have never known why. -Gary

20. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

As hard as it is to believethe stat of Illinois will be voting on a concealed carry law being one of the only two states that are not concealed carry legal states. Da Mayor may have problems beating this back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

901-212-3597