1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed carry in restaurants

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by W.P.T., Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Not sure about Florida, but if you are in a restaurant that serves alcohol in Arizona you cannot even have a sip ... I carry just about all the time, got a deep conceal shoulder holster that conceals a Glock 17 with nothing more than a shirt on, well pants and that also but you know what I mean ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

If I am correct... you can carry in a establishment that serves... but you cant sit in the bar area.. certianlly you would not want to be drinking at your table outside the bar and be armed also.. We
    gotta be smart and responsible of our ownselves.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Not a problem in Oregon unless the property owner puts up proper signage that weapons or firearms are prohibited on premises.

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I just recently took my concealed carry class from a company called "Legal Heat". It is put on by a couple of brothers who are gun friendly lawyers from Utah (probably the most CCW friendly state in the US).

Anyway, they have an app for all smartphones (if you happen to be the tech savvy type) that lists all states and tells you where you cannot carry, along with some other vital info, and sources where the info comes from. You can get the same info in book form for $15 from their website. Below is directly from the Florida list of places you CANNOT carry:

"Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption. (Portion primarily devoted to such purpose). (ยง 790.06(12))"

Anyone who happens to travel a lot from state to state and carries, ought to have this app or the book. It could possibly save your skin some day.

Josh

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

In Wisconsin it is OK to carry in a bar, or drinking establishment. However, it is illegal to conceal carry under the influence of alcohol at anytime.

6. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Don't you love Wisconsin. They finally passed concealed carry allowed it in bars, but it has been legal to take your kids to the bar and buy the kids alcohol forever.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

that law doesn't really apply to us. sipping a martini in the hilton with dinner is not the same as hanging out in a hip hop joint in the hood until dawn. same liquor license, different crowd. good luck with it

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

In Texas, you cannot carry into an establishment whose booze sales are 51% or more of their business. Also in Texas, there is a statute called "the 30.06 Statute", which means, if a sign is posted at the door of the establishment(any place of business), and it has the numbers 30.06 and refers to that statute, you can't carry in there. Also, you can't drink and carry.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Josh, tell us where to get the app.

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

You can find the app on "Google Play" for android devices and I'm not familiar with Apple products, but you should be able to find it in the App store for Iphones, Ipods and Ipads. The instructor said they even have an app for the kindles. Just do a search for "Legal Heat", and it should be the first app that pops up. It costs $.99.

Hope this helps.

Josh

11. cpd544

cpd544 Member

Number 12 deals with carrying in those establishments.

(12)(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:
    1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;
    2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
    3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
    4. Any courthouse;
    5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
    6. Any polling place;
    7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
    8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
    9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
    10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
    11. Any career center;
    12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
    13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
    14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
    15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

12. cnsane

cnsane Member

$h!+,,,I mean,,,Just another reason I'm classified as a criminal. Concealed to me means you don't know that I'm carrying a piece--and what you don't know won't hurt you. Unless you try putting the fear of God into me. Then I can look you in the eyes and say, "Leave me alone, here's why". Restaurants, bars, picking my kids up at school- only a metal detector dissuades me. Otherwise, my .45 is like an American Express card- I don't leave home without it. I'm suprised that they don't lock me up for not bowing and kneeling to the will of Society. Me, and most likely, Suzana Hupp.

13. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Indiana fixed a couple broken laws a couple years ago, use to be that the city of Indianapolis had an ordinance that carrying firearms was prohibited on city park property. Most officers used discretion when enforcing the ordinance passed by the city counsel, however there definitely were some lawfully licensed gun owners who spent a night in jail and their handgun seized because of a goofy ordinance the city counsel passed.

Regardless, city ordinances can no longer override state law. Indiana also made it lawful for Hoosiers to carry unloaded firearms out of immediate reach in their vehicle without needing a carry license. I think it has to still be in a case.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Underage people may drink in Wisconsin only if the establishment allows it.

My Dad's favorite watering hole would not serve me even if he asked, and that's when the age for beer was 18.

HM

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Deep conceal shoulder holster : www.activeprogear.com check it out and see for yourself if it will work for you ... They have all kinds of neat stuff ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

2nd amendment, 12 or 6.

17. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Above is the laws for FL.

Jerbear

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

There is also an app on Apple products called CCW. I prefer handgunlaw.us as it is a little more detailed.

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I just checked out handgunlaw.us and FWIW I wonder if you should wager your carry permit on it?? For Montana it seems to imply that you're legal to carry a concealed weapon into a restaurant that serves alcohol so long as you don't have a drink. I WISH that were true but I don't think it is.

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Old Cowboy,,,,,in 2 places on the page it says you cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol.....

Under the "Places off limits even with a Permit/License" and "Carry in restaurants that serves alcohol" which falls under Montana Code section 45-8-328. Did miss where they said carry was allowed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can i conceal carry in montana restaurants