1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carry in Illinois????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

On my way to work yesterday listening to Public Radio here in the Chicago area, the news is on and the story is; Illinois Bill on Concealed Carry will be voted on. The bill has the backing of the County Sherriffs Association and may well win approval. NRA rep was interviewed as part of the story and stated that if the bill does not pass Illinois will face a law suite. Da Mayor is going to find this one tough to beat back. Note*** Any memeber of the Chicago city council that wants too, can carry a concealed weapon!!

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I doubt the Chicago coalition will allow it to pass, but it would be nice if it did. Chicago is what holds back the rest of the state.

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

If it does pass I am going to get one ASAP. I just hope that my DD214 will be enought proff that that double expert Rifle/Pistol qualification will be enought to prove that I know how to safely handle a pistol.

Lets see Glock 22 or Glock 23.......

Ronbo

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I hope it will pas also. This way the pressure will be on Gov. Doyle in Wisconsin. We too may get it.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It is gatehring support so one can hope!

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I was watching Fox News this morning at 6am, and remember seeing this info scrolling across the bottom of the screen. It would be too good to be true, first the Grand, and now CC for Illinois? I think maybe a S&W model 38 would make a good carry piece.

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I never get my hopes up too high for this in Illinois having lived here all my life. I've been disappointed by every governor I can remember and a couple I've spoken to personally. Jim Edgar (RINO) promised me he'd work on preserving our gun rights, funding teacher's retirements as well as other muni employees and then did just the opposite.

I have written to Rutherford to support CCW and to oppose the new piece of junk legislation, HB 45 which would require sales between individuals to go through a licensed dealer.

Don't be afraid to write you legislators....support what you like, oppose what you don't...just be civil and respectful..

I also wrote to Schock to thank him for opposing Obama on the stinking stimulus package..Schock went so far as to publish in the paper his reasons for doing so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.