1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carry Fanny Pack

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I carry my "stuff" (billfold, checkbook, keys) in a fanny pack, a.k.a. fag bag.

Since I do this anyway, I was thinking it might be a good way to carry concealed, probably a small snub-nose revolver.

Anyone else do this, and if so, which one do you recommend? Cabela's has one for a low cost, but I don't want something I cannot use or get to in a hurry if need be.

Tim

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Most fag bags get sliced off the fags waist and is carried away before they even realize its missing ... great way to put a pistol directly into a criminals hands.

3. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Tim,

Drop me an e-mail with your name and address and I'll get a CCW fanny pack out to you. I won it, bought it, or somehow acquired it several years ago and have never used it. If I recall correctly, it still has the tags attached.

Regards,

Mark

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark!

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Joe,

Understand, however I have been wearing a fanny pack for over 15 years.

I already have one of those "in the front pocket" holsters, and I may use that too, but they don't work well with jeans.

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

I've been using a fanny pack for many years and like it. I use mine turned around so it's really a belly pack. Nobody who has ever used one is concerned about theft, as Lagarto said.

When I first started using the belly pack, I was (like Joe) concerned that people would know I was carrying, point, whisper, or whatever. That never happened, in fact it's never so much as gotten a second glance.

There are a lot of ways to carry a concealed weapon, but I like the belly pack the best in hot weather- when concealment locations are more limited. In cold weather, my jacket or waist work well and I don't use the belly pack as much.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

'FAG' bags are Fast Action Gun bags used by certain government employees for transporting machine pistols without attracting too much attention. What you are thinking about is also known as a man purse. If you really think you can get that shooter out of its purse faster than a thug can run up and shank you then have at it.

Most guys prefer to keep their wallet in their back pocket, the keys in the front pocket and a properly holsterd pistol between. Women that are serious about concealed carry do the same. If you ever do need to use a pistol for self defense you will want to be able to get the gun up and running as quickly as possible and fussing around with your purse won't get the job done.

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Anonymous,

Yes, I call it a fanny pack, but always wear it in front.

wolfram,

Definitely NOT talking about a man purse.

Tim

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have both large and small carry bags for choices of guns. They generally are selected when in shorts and T shirt but can be troublesome at times; like buckling up in the vehicle. Otherwise, it's in a holster on the hip if I'm carrying with any seriosity.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sorry to offend you Tim.

Do yourself a favor though and keep in mind the reason for carring a concealed weapon - self defense. If you have time to fumble around in your purse while tring to produce an operable firearm , you probably have time to escape the situation and guess what -- there goes the self defense plea. If you don't have time to sort through the numerous items in your purse then you will be a victim. Keep your hardware simple and accessable. How much crap do you really need to have to necessitate carrying a purse anyway?

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Everyone knows what they are. You're not fooling anyone.

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

wolfram,

Wasn't offended. I know what a man purse is, and what I'm talking about is not a man purse. This straps around your waist, not carried over your shoulder.

I carry billfold and checkbook, as well as keys in the non-CC one I have been wearing for years (and apparently have been fooling people into believing I'm carrying...)

The CC ones are similar, but have a fast-open pouch with to access the gun.

Sounds like a few of you use these. Will have to see what Mark sends and decide if I like it.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

13. smartass

smartass TS Member

Some of you folks don't seem to understand that these packs are specifically made to hold a pistol along with a spare clip. As such, there is no need to fumble around- it's a quick one handed operation to rip the pack open and remove the weapon. wolfram apparently has never seen a concealed carry pack so is so confused that he's talking out of his rectum.

There might be extra pockets on the pack for other goodies, but in the main section there is nothing but a pistol and a spare clip. No, wolfram, you don't need to fumble around with your lipstick, ky jelly, condoms, makeup, and feminine hygene products to get to your piece. LOL

14. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

A hammerless revolver in a womens purse does not need to be withdrawn. She simply puts her hand in the purse, her finger on the trigger points and shoots.
    The small hole in the purse is hardly noticable.

post-2

15. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I have a couple of belly-packs that I've used quite a bit, in hot weather. The tear-away zipper access that Fla mentions is fast, efficient & quiet. You grab the upper right corner tab with the hand, and when you pull, the zippers zip away in 2 directions at once. Phil E

16. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

"Fag bag"...

LMAO. Never heard that one before.

cls

17. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Considering you have a gun on your person because you feel the need to be able to kill off the barbarians before they kill you, do any of you actually practice with drawing from one those pack things? Back when I carried a gun, I practiced getting them into action. But to add a final thought, if I ever felt that I needed extra clips to properly defend my life, I would have considered practicing more or finding a friendlier destination.

18. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I carry mine with an IWB. holster. My wife likes the fanny pack though. It's a lot like the pic posted above with a special compartment for the gun. Still enough room for all of the 'woman' things that she feels are necessary. I wouldn't want her putting gun in her purse, scary. She has the fanny pack any time that we go on a trip. Yes, she has a CCW, and yes she practices, a lot.

19. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

In my ccw class, the officer said that if you see a guy with one of those fanny packs, you can be about 99% sure that there is a pistol in it. I prefer a holster myself. John

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Was told in massachusetts for CC the weapon must be on your person concealed ie holstered in waist ankle underarm or pocket. Having a gun in a bag or case weather strap or not, needs to be not loaded and trigger or case lock???? I do not know this to be law, just what I remember when taking the course. My wife asked if she could carry a gun in her purse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.