1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carry Ban

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Traders, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

A club I shoot at occasionally has just banned CCW on their grounds. I am wondering if this is common at other clubs and wonder about the reasoning of the club management.

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Just like any place else with a ccw ban. Don't go there.

jim brown

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

traders,,,,,,why, are they afraid of legal gun owners????????? Jim has the answer,,,,,,just don't forget to let them know why.............

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our club has a COLD RANGE rule. Only police officers on official business may enter club property with a loaded firearm. CCW permit holders must have an empty gun when entering club grounds.

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Our club allows concealed carry, but the gun must stay concealed. You cannot take the gun out for any reason. If you want to use the pistol range, you must leave the club grounds, unload the gun, and put it in a case before returning to the club.

This may seem extreme, but the reason is that we never know who might enter the club and not be a member or know the rules, and show the gun to a friend, or think that it can be used on a skeet or trap target. Yes, people are that stupid.

I'm sure your club has the rule on concealed carry for essentially the same reason - just a slight variation. I agree with it.

7. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

What kind of club is it? Lester

8. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

It is a safety issue. When we go down range to set targets we want the range cold. No loaded firearms and no handling of firearms when we are down range. That simple. Personally, I don't even want the police officer exception. They are human and can make mistakes just like the rest of us.

9. rustygun

rustygun Member

Why would you feel the need to carry concealed at a gun range? Just asking.

10. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

It all seems moot to me! I routinely go ccw and no one is the wiser to places that prohibit! ! That is what ccw is I thought?! Tom Rhoads

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Our club allows CCW members and regular patrons.

GB
    DLS

12. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

It isn't a safety issue it is a political statement. Your club thinks the second amendment is about duck hunting. I think the second amendment is about keeping my freedom. If you agree with me find another club. If you agree with them stay.

jim brown

13. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

How would they know??? But I agree. Its BS! Jimmy Borum

14. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

There are hot ranges with heavy use which have never had an accident or incident. Have spent a lot of time on hot ranges and never felt any concern because I knew that everyone present observed the Four Basic Rules of Gun Safety.

Independent of that, there have been thefts and murders at gun ranges. One needs to be just as alert to their surroundings and others at a gun range as they would anywhere else.

As an example...

"Prior to the infamous FBI Miami Shooutout on April 11, 1986 with eight FBI agents... the serial murderers Platt and Matix murdered 25-year-old Emelio Briel while he was target shooting. The pair stole Briel's car and used it to commit several robberies. Briel's remains were found on March 1, 1986 but were not positively identified until May 1986."

In a different incident...

"(MOBILE, Ala.) More than a year after the murder of Joshua Duncan, deputies have made an arrest in the case. Dennis Hicks is charged with capital murder. Duncan's body was found at a shooting range in October 2011."

15. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I now carry everywhere, even places that have signs that say I cant. I obviously wouldnt carry in a federal building or an airport but you get the idea. I carry a North American Arms .22mag. I dont even know its there, i guarentee nobody else is gonna either.

16. cnsane

cnsane Member

I'm classified as a criminal because I follow my moral compass instead of other people's demands. I wasn't a criminal until they passed laws (demands) that made me a criminal for things like not wearing a seat belt, smoking, and carrying where ever I damned well pleased. The only thing that deters my illegal carry is a metal detector. After enough laws are pAssed that we are all legislated into criminals, the rest of you wil probably feel the same way(cold, dead hands fer instance). Some of you already do, according to your posts(above mine). There is a quote in Atlas Shrugged that explains it succinctly-- maybe Galt could post it as it was explained to his namesake in the book.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I carry every where I go, never been questioned or asked to leave ... Like jbbor said, How would they know ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

All this time I've been talking about CCW holders and how responsible they are. Not a handful of felonies committed by CCW holders with their guns, that sort of thing.

Now you guys are bragging about breaking the law by carrying into places that have signs forbidding it. If we are upholding the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution as the supreme law of the land, don't we also have to obey other minor restrictions to it? If a property owner doesn't want me to carry on his property, shouldn't I respect that right also?

And not wearing a seatbelt is just ludicrous. Some docs and EMTs on here need to chime in on the personal injuries they see from relatively minor accidents when riders didn't have their seatbelts on.

My niece, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from an SUV, lost her right arm above the elbow as she exited, and sustained other major injuries. The driver, who was wearing his, walked away.

Danny

19. Kerz

Kerz Member

"Our club has a COLD RANGE rule. Only police officers on official business may enter club property with a loaded firearm. CCW permit holders must have an empty gun when entering club grounds."

Interesting..., since Geo Bush signed into law the LE Officers Security Act that says otherwise. Active and retired police have a nationwide CCW with few, but some, restrictions. Now, what we need is nationwide CCW for all legal citizens.
    Anyway, your local gun club cannot restrict LE officers.
    Vic

20. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

If a gun club or any other establishment feels that me having a concealed pistol is a threat to their safety, I will not be a patron of said establishment.

Hey Danny,

In most states, if you carry where it is forbiddon by the property owner, you are only violating their rules(not the law as you indicated) they can ask you to leave and if you don't, then you are breaking the law(trespass).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.