1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Conceal Carry

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerbear, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nu5j8C2Hrc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nu5j8C2Hrc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jerbear

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Very good. Thanks for posting this video. Yes I to have a CCW permit.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

My wife and I both have CCW's and I carry all of the time. A .45 is my choice but sometimes I carry the .40 or nine mil. In places where I am forbidden to carry a gun I carry a S&W .38 airweight deeply concealed and a .22 mag North American Arms revolver.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I usually carry my .45 S&W cheifs special, along with my NAA 22 in my front pocket.. I'm parinoid. In forbidden places I usually ditch my .45 and just carry my .22
    What type of deeply concealed holster do you have? I have thought about ankle hlosters but never tried one..

5. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Check out www.universalholsters.com

I just bought one of these last weekend at the PGCA show in Greensburg, PA. Very nice folks to deal with too!

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If I tried to use one of those Cell Pal holsters my pants either wouldn't fit or they'd fall down. I use a small-of-the-back holster for an XD-40.

MK

7. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Fair enough, but if I see you reach for the small of your back, everyone knows what you are doing. These are remarkably comfortable. Check them out at a show, they list where they are going to be on the website. I have owned too many holsters to name and this is the best one yet. It allows you to carry a much larger gun that is totally concealed and the same holster will fit a 1911 and a PPK!

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You're right about the reaching but I figure that no holster will make me a fast enough draw to beat somebody who already has a gun on me.

If they want my wallet, they have to let me dig it out and that's where my sidearm is kept.

But the holster looks interesting and I see that they will be at the Valley Forge show in March. I will check them out.

MK

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Interesting. This Saturday I will be taking my class to get my CCP.
    Hope I never need to show it.

10. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

In the Winter months I carry a Ruger LCP in my jacket pocket. Cannot beat that for accessibility. You can put your hand in the pocket and grip the gun. All you have to do is pull it out and fire. I am thinking of a belt pouch that looks like it is for a PDA for the Summer months.

The nice thing about the Ruger LCP is it is so light and compact you will always have it with you.

Jim Skeel

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jim

You probably don't even have to take it out of your pocket if you don't want.

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

A .45 S&W Chiefs Special??? I never heard of a .45 Chiefs Special. Is it something new? Is it a revolver?

13. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Gentlemen, Seriously check out the site I posted above. They make one that looks like a wallet and will hold something like a LCP. I am not getting paid by these guys, I just bought a product and am ecstatic about it! According to Ed Grape that I met at the PGCA show some 300K of these have been sold and only 4 have been returned. Also, I bought a cell phone holder for my Blackberry curve, when I buy the new model or whatever, I will contact them and they will give me the new one that will fit my model of phone or whatever. They also warranty them for defects, stitching, etc. Given their aggressive show schedule and the fact that Gun Shows is how I occupy my winter, you can't go wrong!

14. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Been shooting since age 8. I have four non resident carry permits. Sadly my State, The Peoples Republic of New Jersey makes concealed carry virtually impossible. Common decency forbids me to express what I feel about this State. Harry

15. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Fritz..I'd take all but impossible over impossible as it is here in the peoples republic of (south of)Chicago (oops, Illinois).

16. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I also live in IL, outside of Rockford........better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!!

tony

17. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I'm with ya Fritz. I have to work in NJ and it is a damn shame that only retired cops and criminals can carry in NJ.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Kimber ultra custom,

Nimble little hand cannon.

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

NRA this month had a piece on CC handguns (very small) about ten of them. From high end to low end. If you can't carry it in your front pocket, it's not small, or light enough. All these new guns seemed to fit that discription.

20. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My conceal carry is a S&W 317 airlite w/ a Crimson trace--its 8 shot & I use Aquila super-max 1750FPS & 204 ft lbs-I had a 380 FEG-PPK clone, not real comfortable with a small auto-loader as a ccw weapon

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.