1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Conceal Carry making Headway in Illinois

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Chicago Tribune Sunday 10/21, Winnebago county,IL (RockFord Area)is looking at having a CC ordiance in the county. Will be interesting to see how this goes I think we may have a movement started in this sad @$$ state.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

All it would mean is that you'd have to put your gun up every time you crossed the county line. As it is, it's a pain when I have to put my gun away at
    a rest stop in Indiana before I enter Chicago on the Skyway.

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I live outside of Rockford, IL...the crime is rampant here, they need to do something!!

tony

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They are also doing this here in Randolph County, Illinios. It will be on the ballot November 6th. While the State Law will still trump the County and City laws, I believe these actions will send a message that we have had it with the BS. The more Counties that climb on board, the better. Next lets vote Cook County out of the State altogether.

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Crime rate around Rockford blew up when old dead eye NintyT retired. They miss ya Steve.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

He just kept the terrorists and nutballs from blowing up the place.

7. Bruce Specht

More counties get on the band wagon the better our chances of this passing.

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I have posted a link to Illinois' Constitution, that covers home rule.

Read section 6(a) and note the wording.

I was thinking this subject was covered in a thread sometime back.

Here in Colorado when we passed our "must issue" law in regards to CCW, there was a provision that limited the ban on certain guns, but Denver County, while it complied with the "must issue" still banned "assault rifles." The State sued and lost, the judge claiming Denver could issue the ban under "home rule."

Conversely, a county or township that is described in this section, could pass must issue and CCW regs under home rule.,

9. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I've heard Ted Nugent say, "Why do I need a permit to exercise my second amendment rights, when it's not required for any of the others". Great point, and the "Bad Guys" know if they have lost that right. Illinois is the last state getting on board allowing good citizens to protect themselves. Lets hope thing change for the better there, soon.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Not quite true. The vast majority of populated areas in California are NO concealed carry unless you are heavily connected. I hope you guys have some success there.

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Currently the same case in Md...you gotta be an insider...the law was set to change that they couldn't deny you if you didn't have any of the circumstances set..Like transporting money etc,..owning a business....but our States Attorney was going to fight it tooth and nail to keep it the same...good luck Ill.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Chicago and the rest of Cook County had concealed carry long before anyplace else. It was a lot cooler, too, since instead of just a little ID card you actually got a badge that said: Cook County Deputy Sheriff.

Also, no test was required, all it took was a slight donation to the campaign
    fund of certain Democratic politicians. That's why I disagree with people who
    say the Democrats in Cook County are anti-gun.

(After an expose in the papers, this practice was supposedly discontinued)

13. FIB

FIB Member

I live in Rockford, IL. I wish that we would get CC but with Chicago IDK.

14. Bruce Specht

For those of us that are residents of Illinois, simply put we live in the state of corruption. 23 million paid to state employees paid to stay home? What? Madiagn and the rest of the thugs need to be out. Interesting how just recently all the road construction has picked up so those union people understand what side their bread is butterd on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.