1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Con-Man

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Just heard Obama speak to union members regarding the right to work vote in Michigan. He said the measure would result in less wages and he wants them to have higher wages. Of course he does...they'll then have more to pay in taxes so he can continue spending. He plays to the masses that are envious of those in the higher income brackets. These fools think he will take from the rich and give to them. Wrong. They will have less because he will spend, spend spend. He may be the greatest con man since PT Barnum. ed nichols

2. oz

oz Active Member

I don't feel bad for the auto workers, they make $70-75 per hour. The auto techs that fix them make about $15-20 per hour. of course they don't and never will have a union. (I was one)

3. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Obozo will say and do anything to stir the pot As long as he can keep the american people divided by greed and despair hes happy Remember divide and conquer

4. 548

548 Guest

Oz, I think you're full of crap. You show me a regular line production employee making anywhere close to $75/hr and I'll mail you a $5 bill.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I don't think he will ever get out of his campaign mode, that is all he has done since he was born

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing with benifits, sick time accumulation, holidays etc. and pensions it is at least $75.00 @hrfor the hours that are actually worked.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Those are jacked up figures that are only meant to stir people up. Saw a man is a top level robotics tech and making $35.00 an hour, which by the way is about what he makes in that field without a union. Go to you local insurance provider, and price out the benefit package. There is no way that the benefits cost $35/hour. I have been self employed too many times to believe that. The company making lots of executive positions with lots of staff to "handle benefits" is the source of that overhead. I have worked in those offices, believe me, they are not overburdened or undercompensated. The whole darn mess is fat, lazy and inefficient, but as long as we will settle to only blame the workers with the least ability to change the system, the system will never be changed.

BTW Auto repair techs, especially the ones with the most required training and personally owned equipment are the poorest compensated segment of the technical workforce. The shops are charging $65 to $90 per hour, and paying the man sub $20/hour. Then he also has to provide $10,000 worth of tools, AND buy hundreds of dollars per year of new specialty tools for the updated models and technology. All this while some lying slimmy salesman that is willing to screw an old sick widow is pulling $100K plus a year. Many are the top talent mechanics who enters the field and leaves it after a short time because he cannot feed his family. The flat rate system even screws the dedicated, quality minded mechanic out of his hourly wage while rewarding the slip shod artist. My hat is off to any skilled auto tech in this market. As my health fades, I cannot do my own work, and it is frustrating to find quality work even while paying nearly $100/hour.

8. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

548 oz is correct UAW members make about $70.00 per hour including benefits. If you think that is untrue google it and find out for yourself. Then PM oz for is address so you can send him the 5 bucks.

Probably the biggest reason Obummer spoke to the union protesters is because the unions own him. Another one billion of union dues wasted to get corrupt Democrats elected.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

P3AT is correct on the $70 figure.

Read the whole article for the information.....

10. likes-to-shoot

Now read what the current Auto Workers wage package is. Again read the whole article.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The really funny thing is that President Bozo is completely wrong about workers in right to work states making less money than in compulsary union states. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (no doubt a right wing group- LOL) people in right to work states make, on average, $7,000 more per year than those in union thug states.

12. likes-to-shoot

John Galt....Instead of posting all the time with no source sited why don't you post your source of information? At least once, eh.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Don't hold your breath waiting for 548 to mail the $5. He'll never admit he's wrong.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I do not believe there will be very much employer supplied health insurance in the future. If 1200 dollars penalty gets you off the hook, who would insure their workers? Especially since we are looking at 8 to 14 thousand a year.

Wasn't there just a thread about U of PA kncking some profs down th 30 hours to avoid paying Obamacare?

It gets sicker every day.

F-16s to Egypt, millions more to Brazil, it never ends. Now Walmart is going to make many more of its folks less than 30 hours, too.

The tip of the iceberg is showing.

HM

15. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

GALT PLEASE READ

A February 2011 liberal thinktank Economic Policy Institute study found:[24]

Wages in right-to-work states are 3.2% lower than those in non-RTW states, after controlling for a full complement of individual demographic and socioeconomic variables as well as state macroeconomic indicators. Using the average wage in non-RTW states as the base ($22.11), the average full-time, full-year worker in an RTW state makes about $1,500 less annually than a similar worker in a non-RTW state.

The rate of employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) is 2.6 percentage points lower in RTW states compared with non-RTW states, after controlling for individual, job, and state-level characteristics. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive ESI at this lower rate, 2 million fewer workers nationally would be covered.

The rate of employer-sponsored pensions is 4.8 percentage points lower in RTW states, using the full complement of control variables in [the study's] regression model. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive pensions at this lower rate, 3.8 million fewer workers nationally would have pensions.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

GS

Economic Policy Institute study

16. 548

548 Guest

Rick, thanks for including me in your response. However, my only comment was regarding Oz's assertion that united auto workers are compensated $75/hr. He didn't say a united auto worker costs the company $75/hr. How many of you include your benefit package in your annual salary when filing taxes, or filling out college tuition assistance paperwork, or mortgage applications, or anything else in life??? Nobody does. But when one guy makes an ignoramus assertion on this site the rocket scientists come out of the wood work to clarify what the ignoramus meant to say. This site certainly does offer a degree of intellectual humor.

17. 548

548 Guest

Brian in Oregon, read the fact check link above and tell me I'm wrong.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Read my lips libtards: s o u r c e- i s- t h e- B u r e a u- o f - L a b o r- S t a s t i c s. Argue the facts with them, not me.

19. 548

548 Guest

John Galt, could you please tell us what "legacy costs" are. What are there affects on the uaw worker? Are legacy costs part of the $75/hr figure? Should they be?

20. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

What "Odumbo" said yesterday at the Detroit Diesel Plant was;

That we shouldn't be taking away the unions collective bargaining rights. The Michigan RTW law DOES NOT do that. It only gives the employee a choice to join the union or not. Making union membership NON-CONDITIONAL to employment.

By the way----the union dip wads went to Lansing today after having been trained by the union how to break the law while protesting up to and including arrest. (sounds like a bunch of especially stupid people to me) While protesting became violent and tore down a tent set up by the conservatives and cut it up with knives. Lots of extra State Police were dispatched to the scene. More info to follow.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.