1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Con Artists on Trapshooters Website

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by AAAHAWK, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAAHAWK

AAAHAWK Member

0   0   0

All users be advised
    I posted a Wanted to Buy Thread recently and had a response from an individual telling me he had exactly what I was looking for. This response was by email only.
    We agreed on price and I asked him for an address to send the payment and his phone number.He resisted and insisted on me sending payment by Western Union wire service. I continued to demand his phone number and address and he called me by phone with a restricted phone number. He barely spoke English and was definitely of Islamic descent.
    Bottom Line: thieves have found access to our website that has been so helpful to shooters needing information and hardware to pursue their Hobby. If someone resists to give you access to them in a transaction then RUN for YOUR LIFE and report them to the administrators of this website.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Needs to be kept on top!!!!

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

First clue is Western Union. Second clue is no speaka Anglech. Third clue, if a firearm is involved, where's the FFL? As Elmer Fudd would say, "Be vewy, vewy careful out there."

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If you do not see posts on this site do not buy or sell with this person.

If any significant money is involved check the party out, Phone number, address, business listing, court records etc. google is your friend.

I have not had one bad deal on TS.com. I have also had contacts that wanted Western Union. I ran like hell from them.

I usually pay with Postal Money Order, but have used a check occasionally when I eidn't mind waiting for it to clear.

HM

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

"Bottom Line,theives have found access to our website that has been so helpful to shooters needing information and hardware to pursue their Hobby."

Hawk Google the title of this thread and see how many TS.com threads you find a link to.

The way to access this website have always been there that is the reason that one of the ways to search this site is Google. People need to realize this is not a secure website.

Bob Lawless

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Come on guys. I use Western Union to buy stuff from total strangers with arabic accents all the time!

-Gary

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Up!!...was trying to sell a wheelchair on Craiglist...got two such scammers..both wanted to use Google Checkout...apparently they have cloned the checkouts page with the same instructions saying they are a "good" buyer and google has their funds plus a fee for the movers to come pick up and initiate shipping,..but first you have to send $$$$ (500 in my case) by Western Union to a shipping agent at a company in Wisconsin...don't get sucked in ..they get craftier every day

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

9. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

UP to top

10. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Be very careful on Ebay also. If it looks to good to b true, It's always a scam. Been there. Bill

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! That is their direct link to you, for everyone around the world to see.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Keep it safe, PM & phone numbers--frequent flyers on this site are usually great people to deal with.

Phil Berkowitz

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I inherited 30 million bucks from a Nigerian Uncle that I never knew existed. Now I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams. I think many of you people need to lighten up on some of these so called Con Artists.

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

Tron, that makes us cousins!!

15. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

The answer to all of this easy. NEVER use Western Union unless you know the person on the receiving end. Even the folks at Western Union have told me this. Son, daughter, etc...are the only people to send $$ to via Western Union.

cap

16. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

0   0   0

17. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I encountered one of these scammers online offering to sell a Springfield Armory 1911 TRP at a pretty favorable price.

This scammer was VERY persistent about the whole money order thing, and actually sent me photos of "his" USAF commissioning ceremony and a supposed U.N. I.D. card.

The gun was supposedly in MA, and I offered to meet him at the VT border. Of course, he was VERY busy at work and unable at that time to meet me. But if I would just kindly send the money order, he'd be happy to send the gun.

I asked for his phone number, and of course, his busy work schedule prevented that as well.

Finally, he gave up.

After a few days, I emailed him advising that I decided I MUST have the gun right away, I had purchased a money order, and was ready to mail it. I told him "I must send you this money urgently!!! I need this gun!!"

No reply. I tried a few more times, just for my own perverse entertainment. All I heard was the sound of crickets....

Scumbags are all around. But I reckon the users of this website are easily smart enough not to be outfoxed by them.
    jh

18. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

Easiest way to figure out if the deal is legit or not
    Insist on a direct meeting pickup you will have cash in hand the scammers know that they cannot be at the Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge (or wherever) saturday at 11:00 or at any other time Deal goes away They go away
    OR I know this guy who had an uncle who owned a gunstore in Nigeria that closed with 4000 eell's in stock that he wants to put on consignment with you nothing up fron but 50 shipping per gun min. 10 guns He says they are Mint mint mint send the Money via western union and he will split the money with you when you sell them you can find the gunshop website at sckrbornevryday.com/lol
    pat

19. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

20. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Once you see Western Union, ALL negotations cease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.