1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

computer ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I have 3 computers on one router.can i have all 3 use the same email and hot mail pass word and address?also where can i get a good spell check. went to google but had a problem getting one to work. tk's tracy

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have one desktop and two laptops and they all have the same email account. which ever one you log on to is where you will receive your emails. My laptops have the spell check on them from factory and I don't remember how I put spell check on here as I rarely use it. Just go to home screen and type in spell check and it will give you several options. Jackie B.

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Hotmail is a web based mail account service hosted by microsoft MSN. You can access it from any internet connected computer or web connected mobile device. The hotmail homepage is where you will log in.

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

ieSpell works well for me.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What RLC323 said. You could access your email from my computer or anbody elses if you wanted. The email does not know what computer your on as long as you enter the right login name and password.

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have iespell under tools on my desktop but my laptops do it automatically as I type. It's a pain to have to go to tools and select Iespell everytime. I'll bet someone on here can tell us how to get it do spell check automatically. Jackie B.

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

In ieSpell, you can right-click a document or web page, select "Check Spelling", and it will check the entire document.

Or highlight specific text, then right-click and select "Check Spelling".

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Easy one first - depending on the word processing program you use spell check should be pre-installed. Most likely it is turned off in the preferences for the program and just needs to be turned on.

For the e-mail issue... the simple answer is 'yes.'

Getting there can be complex.

First, in you mail preferences you will need to tell your e-mail program to leave all e-mail on the mail server for an extended period (normal is three to five days - you will want to extend this time to say 2 weeks) - you will need to do this on all three machines.

Doing this will allow each machine to 'pull' the e-mail from the sever each time it connects - the e-mails will not be marked as 'read' until the 2 weeks has expired.

To get OUTBOUND mail on all three machines is more complex. You can do it via one of two ways.

Easiest to set up is to add your own e-mail account as a recipient of each e-mail you send (I know - sounds counter-intuitive), you will then need to create a new mail box and a filter to send each of these e-mails to that mail box. It is a bit top heavy, but you will have a file of each and every e-mail sent available to you on all three computers.

Better, but more complex, and this depends on your ISP, is to use the IMAP format for your e-mail. This holds all the data on the mail server and not really on your machines (it will appear as if it is on your machine). This is awkward to set-up and can take time to populate (the first time you use this can take hours) afterwards time depends on how often you use each machine.