1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

computer question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mirage1, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirage1

mirage1 Member

What makes the cursor from your mouse bounce around and difficult
    to contol??
    thanks.
    Joe

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

If you have a mouse with a rubber ball, the rollers inside the mouse are probably very dirty. Some instructions say to clean them with a cotton swab and alcohol. I used to clean them best with my pocket knife.

Pat Ireland

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i agree with pat. remove the small disc on the bottom of themouse and look inside. if you have the rubber ball remove it. you'll see two rollers. clean the crap off of them and wipe the ball with alcohol. it will work fine then. OR buy a mouse that uses a light. it works better. motordoc

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

If you go to Settings; Control Panel; Mouse and then Pointer you can slow down the mouse pointer speed after you have cleaned it.

5. flylta

flylta TS Member

If the clean the mouses ball with alcohol and as Pat said use a pocket knife to clean the rollers inside then it should stay clean for a while. Must people clean the rollers but never clean thier balls...go figure

Ron ;)

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Clean balls are a must..

7. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Grunt I am sure you speak from experiences....!!!!

8. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

If you have a wireless mouse, it could be an indication of a low battery.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I give this advice to show my occasional lack of thought. Do not clean your mouse ball with acetone.

Pat Ireland

10. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

If it's not a mechanical mouse look for some creepy crawleys in there. Spy ware and male ware can cause the same thing.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

If you are using a laser mouse, look under it and see if your mouse is over a dark area without any marks. In other words, if it's on your desk and you do not use a mouse pad, you desktop wood pattern may cause the pointer to move erratically. Try a solid mouse pad or if you are using a ball mouse, turn it over and turn the collar counter clock wise and remove the ball. Remove any hair/ dust from the vertical and horizontal rollers. Reinstall ball and collar.

Hope this helps. Jerbear

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Didn't read all the messages but you may try clicking on Start, Control Panel, Mouse, then reset the speed (Windows XP). You may want to reset it in the center of Fast --- Slow and go from there. Also, if it's the roller type (on bottom of mouse) replace it with an optical mouse as they are not very expensive if on sale. I recommend one with a wheel in the top center as it allows you to better contol the page movement vertically. I think I bought mine for about $5.00 at Micro Center a couple of years ago; also you can get great deals on the Friday after Thanksgiving if you're willing to fight the crowds. I've had no issues with it and works quite well on any mousepad.
    BT-100dc

13. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Thanks all!!!!!

14. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If it's an optical mouse, stay away from RED mouse pad surfaces, especially red stripes or patterns. If it's a "ball" type mouse, replace it. They are cheap. Microcenter has some optical disposables for around $4.

Sometimes a memory hogging application can cause some issues. Some of the more "popular" antivirus programs can cause the system to slow down if it's not a hot rod. A USB mouse can have issues when attached to a USB port that is in use by a high transfer rate application. Switching it over to a different port on another controller sometimes helps.

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

To: Whom this may concern

Re: Replacement of mouse balls

If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement.

Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units). Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method.

Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist off method.. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately. It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction.

Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.

Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls is an unhappy customer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.