1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer problems-MSN Vista-COMCAST

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dave P, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

First let it be known that I am a computer idiot and I admit I more than likely did something stupid. I lost all my FAVORITE listings and the FAVORITE ADD, DELETE ETC. button(?) as well as my e-mail list. I tried to get help from COMCAST but they switched me to MSN who cut me off(twice). I hate computers that don't work but I hate paying some genius to come fix things for a doctors salary.

Anyone have help for an old man to solve my problems or help me anyway? Please!!!!! Please use very simple english. My email is dprom@comcast.net for direct contact. Thanks a million. Dave

If not does anyone know how to get MSN to talk to you. Their Help pages aren't much help to me anyway.

2. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

Dave,

Sounds like an easy fix.
    1) Open your Internet Explorer
    2) looking at the picture below as reference: right click in the blank area below the address bar and the menu will appear as shown in the picture below
    3) check mark beside the Menu Bar option and your should be all set

If that doesnt work let us know.

`mb

[​IMG]

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Would restore work in your case?

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

You might consider contacting your computer's manufacturer.

You can contact Microsoft at either 888-571-2048 or 800-936-4800. I have called both numbers in the past but don't remember which was more useful. (Being cut off while being transferred is part of Microsoft's standard operating procedure, apparently.)

You can be almost certain that you will be charged $59.00 for their help. That's why I suggested you first call your computer manufacturer.

Hopefully, someone who knows more about computers than I will come up with something more useful for you.

Rollin

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dave has the right answer for you. Should work!

Hauxfan!

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    MSN, Vista and Comcast.<br>
    <br>
    There's your problem in a nutshell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.