1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

computer problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdtracker, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I got up this morning and now my monitor is sideways. I looked around under options and didn't find anything. Is there a place to flip it back? thanks. Don

2. jhoward

jhoward Member

Depending on your video card and drivers, try this...

Right Click on a portion of your desktop (screen) where there are no icons

Select "Properties" from the menu that pops up

Click on the "Settings" tab of the properties window that appears

Click on the "Advanced" button

Depending on your video card there should be a tab on the window that appears called "Rotation", check there.

3. birdtracker

thank you very much, it was on 90 degrees for some reason. Don

4. IM390

IM390 Member

There is a short cut on your computer keyboard that will create and correct the problem. On mine it is alt ctrl pageup (or pagedwn) when pressed at the same time.

5. birdtracker

IM390: I can make mine go up, down or sideways with that! Maybe I hit that by accident but I doubt it. I keep getting a security warning. So I figure someone is doing something illegal. It was fine when I went to bed and when I got up the next morning it was changed. I think they wanted me to know they could get into my computer.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

bigunn

What kind of laptop? What operating system? Some have a recovery partition on the drive that might be required to reload the operating system. If you replaced the drive, the partition would not be there. If it's a full recovery disk, make sure all of the bios settings are correct to enable booting from the optical drive. Sometimes a Memory issue could prevenvt you from installing the operating system. The other issue could be bad media. The recovery disk may be corrupted. I would scour the manufacturer's website for similar issues. If they offer support, then send them a note and see if they can help. Sometimes a bios update may solve the problem also. Another possibility is that there is a hardware issue that has to deal with the drive controller/chipset. You didn't give us much to go on, but there's a few things to look at for starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.