1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer in Cold Motorhome

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by glenn mcleod, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I put this in the shooting section because some other shooters may also have wondered. I have a computer in the motor home that won't be used until January when we head for Tucson, will the below freezing temps we get here hurt the computer, screen or printer? Can it just be left cold and then after a longer warm up temp. period it can just be operated normally or should I remove it from the motorhome until we go?. Glenn

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A CRT monitor will not be hurt by cold. I can't say the same for LCD.

The CPU will only be affected by moisture when you warm it up. If you are in AZ no problem sicnce there is no moisture there.

HM

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

It's not a laptop. Full size computer. Glenn

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

It will be fine. Don't use it right off the bat. Let it be room temp for half a day or so and you will be fine.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Condensation in an optical drive might be the only caveat, and a remote issue at best. Freeze the sucker and don't worry too hard. If it is stored inside and out of the rain/snow/ice, you should be good to go. Once you turn it on, it will warm up to where it needs to be. Just make sure to have a good power source and a UPS device hooked up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.