1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Basfshmn, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

Ok i'm probably the worst there is on a computer. I know how to turn them on and do afew things but thats about it. I purchased a HP laptop for my 10 year old niece, she picked a cursor that she liked and we put it on and everything was going good. When she shuts the laptop down for the night and then turns it back on the cursor goes back to the arrow. We went to the mouse on the control panel,changed the cursor and hit apply and named it on a scheme but it still goes back to thew arrow when she shuts it completely down. Thanks Rick

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Instead of shutting it down put it on sleep. HMB

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

You might try hitting OK before you hit apply. I use the arrow. Ray

4. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Sleep is not a good idea. Sleep draws power while in the mode. It does use less but it still draws. Hibernate stores the memory image to a disk file and loads it when it first comes up, thereby restoring your last programs running.

Hibernate is great to allow a quick restart but the computer should be shut down completely from time to time to clear memory holes caused by Windows.

I don't know why the cursor is resetting but sleep and hibernate are not the final answers to the problem.

5. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Can you tell us what operating system you have on this laptop?

If it's a 3 party cursor (i.e. some graphics guys making little graphical enhancements for Windows) there's probably two explanations....

1. His code is faulty or maybe it was written for a different version of Windows than what you have
    2. She downloaded a trial version which doesn't "stick" until you buy it

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Are you using Windows 7 ? Try the link above

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.