1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

computer help Please.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I am using a verizon air card that can support up to five computers and my Toshiba laptop works fine on it but I also have a Ibm thinkpad that I can not get to work on the card. It give me an connection error and suggest that my firewall setting are why it won't work. It gives like three channels representing Http, hsttp and Tsp or something like that. Can someone please tell how to set it as I'm tired of four of us fighting for my computer. LOL They don't seem to understand how important it is for me to be able to get on TS.com. Thanks for your responses. Jackie B.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The very first thing to do is to uninstall the Verizon Communications Manager software program on your thinkpad and re-install it from the CD that came along with your AT&T modem (air card). Most of the time, that does the trick.

3. Shooting Jack

Thanks Devi! I don't have a CD but will find out why. LOL Jackie B.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Shooting Jack

You can usually download the installation files from Verizon themselves. If you download it to the system you have presently connected, you can copy them over on a usb thumb drive and transfer them to the system that you need to connect. A worst case scenario would be to call Verizon support and have them walk you through it. They will usually be able to get you up and running, provided you can get someone on the phone without waiting two days.

5. Shooting Jack

Thanks for the info and will give it a try. I talked to my daughter a little while ago and she said she didn't get a disc with the card but the instructions had you connect the card using a usb cord directly to the computer initially and it would load the info needed and work. Thanks again. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.